Rounding up inland Sri Lanka’s sights from Colombo by yourself means self-driving or hopping between trains, buses, and cabs. This private 3-day tour takes away the transport hassles: providing a private chauffeured vehicle to ferry you from sight to sight. Discover Kandy’s must-sees, and explore a tea plantation, Nuwara Eliya, and Sigiriya, all in one tour, with two nights’ 3-star accommodation and breakfasts and dinners included.
- Trip Outline
Kandy-Nuwara Eliya-Sigiriya 3 Days Tour (Private)
Rounding up inland Sri Lanka’s sights from Colombo by yourself means self-driving or hopping between trains, buses, and cabs. This private 3-day tour takes away the transport hassles: providing a private chauffeured vehicle to ferry you from sight to sight. Discover Kandy’s must-sees, and explore a tea plantation, Nuwara Eliya, and Sigiriya, all in one tour, with two nights' 3-star accommodation and breakfasts and dinners included.
Start: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Finish: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Group size: Min 1 person
Nature of tour: Private
The trip can be booked in 3 categories of accommodation depending on your wish, as below.
- 4-Star standard hotels
- 2 nights (3 days) of accommodation in standard hotels
- Daily Breakfast at the hotel, 2 breakfasts (starting from day 2)
- Daily dinner at the hotel, 2 dinners (starting from day 1)
- Kandy city tour and shopping tour
- Nuwara Eliya city tour
- Ceylon tea trail
- An Ayurveda spa treatment
- Entrance fees for
- Sigiriya rock fortress, Sigiriya paintings, Sigiriya museum
- Pinnawala elephant orphanage
- Dambulla golden cave temple
- Tooth relic temple and Kandy museum
- Kandyan cultural show
- Peradeniya botanical garden
- Spice garden with a serving of herbal drink
- Tea factory and tea tasting
- Pickup and drop-off at the airport or local hotels
- All passengers are fully insured during the sightseeing tours
- Meeting arrangement at the airport
- Entire ground transportation by air-conditioned, modern, fuel-efficient private vehicle
- Service of an English-speaking driver/guide for the entire tour (please inquire for other languages)
- Driver/guide meals and lodging
- Highway toll
- All current taxes
- The expenses of personal nature such as telephone, Internet
Is this trip right for you?
- The entire trip is private (transfers and sightseeings), only you and your associates take part in the trip.
- This 3 days trip packs a lot in. It’s one of the most popular Sri Lanka tours, we run in our Original style, perfect for those, who look for a one week trip and a desire to do the most with it. If you are after a more leisurely trip in Sri Lanka or a shorter trip please check our other tour itineraries.
- Sri Lanka can get extremely hot in the summer. While we aim to do our walking tours, city tours early in the morning or afternoon, when it’s cooler, remember to keep water on you and to bring a hat, sunscreen, a long-sleeved shirt, and anything else that will protect you from the sun.
- Part of travelling with Intrepid means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. We visit a number of temples on this trip and to enter them you must have clothes that cover wrists and below the knee. Same times you have to remove the head covers and shoes upon entering the temple. Please click here to know more about the rules and regulations pertaining to Sri Lanka temple visits.
Why you'll love this trip
- Wander through the golden-roofed Temple of the Sacred Tooth in Kandy, which houses one of Sri Lanka’s most important Buddhist relics – a tooth of the Buddha
- Explore the scenic hill country with green-capped mountain, cascading waterfalls, rivers and patches of forests, perhaps even stopping for a cup of warm Ceylon tea along the way
- Walk around the perimeter of the grassy Galle FortGregory and perhaps take a boat trip in the lake or take a horse rode amidst the beautiful green foliage.
- Explore the important sites of Sri Lanka's cultural triangle
- Visit many Buddhist temples and historical monuments
- Witness Kandyan cultural show
- A leisurely walk through the Peradeniya botanical garden
- Trek to the Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- Scenic hill country drive to Nuwara Eliya
- Visiting Tooth Relic Temple
- Walkthrough the Tea Graden
- Visiting Tea Factory
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour
- All visitors to Buddhist and Hindu temples are expected to remove footwear and hats upon entering the temples.
- Dresscode, shoulders and knees should be covered
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Subject to favourable weather conditions
- If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No suitable for travellers with heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
COVID-19 Special information
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- Social distancing is maintained in vehicles
- To reduce crowds, all tours are private
- Masks are required, please bring your own
- You must fill out a travel information form
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- You must book this activity online, as the ticket office is closed
Time : 7:00 am
COLOMBO / KANDY
Meet and greet by Seerendipity tours representative and drive to Kandy, En-route
Stop At Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic
Sri Dalada Maligawa or the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic is a Buddhist temple in the city of Kandy, Sri Lanka. It is located in the royal palace complex of the former Kingdom of Kandy, which houses the relic of the tooth of the Buddha, duration: 1 hour.
Pass By Kandy Lake, Centre of Kandy City, Kandy 20000 Sri Lanka Kandy Lake, also known as Kiri Muhuda or the Sea of Milk, is an artificial lake in the heart of the hill city of Kandy, Sri Lanka, built-in 1807 by King Sri Wickrama Rajasinghe next to the Temple of the Tooth. Over the years, it was reduced in size. It is a protected lake, with fishing banned.
Stop At Royal Botanical Gardens
Royal Botanic Gardens, Peradeniya are about 5.5 km to the west of the city of Kandy in the Central Province of Sri Lanka. It attracts 2 million visitors annually. It is near the Mahaweli River. It is renowned for its collection of orchids, duration: 1 hour.
Stop At Kandy View Point,
Climb the hill by Kandy Lake to reach Kandy viewpoint and receive a view of the city that cannot be beaten. As a popular tourist spot, the area brings in a large number of peddlers, though they often sell sub-par items. The area also has a reputation for high pickpocket activity, so keep an eye on your belongings. From the hill, you can enjoy great views over the lake and the city, Duration: 10 minutes.
Stop At Kandy Lake Club -
Sri Lanka Kandy cultural show – Sri Lanka, a country rich with culture & tradition offers a very vibrant and unique show of Sri Lankan traditional dances, in the form of Kandy cultural show. The beat a dancing from "Salupliya" depicting several demons, "Thelme" vibrant expression of low country rhythm, Fire and Harvest dances accompanied by Ceremonial Drums and the Drum Orchestra rising and falling to the lively tempo. As many as 12 different folk and traditional dances are performed by Kandy lake club dance troop within the span of one hour, duration: 1 hour.
Overnight Stay in Kandy
Time : 8:00 am
KANDY / NUWARA ELIYA / KANDY
After the breakfast leave for Nuwara Eliya, en-route
Stop At Sita Temple
Seetha Amman Temple is located approximately 1 kilometre from Hakgala Botanical Garden and 5 kilometres from Nuwara Eliya. The temple is located in the village of Seetha Eliya, duration: 20 minutes.
Stop At Hakgala Botanic Gardens
Hakgala Botanical Garden is one of the five botanical gardens in Sri Lanka. The other four are Peradeniya Botanical Garden, Henarathgoda Botanical Garden, Mirijjawila Botanical Garden and Seetawaka Botanical Garden. It is the second-largest garden in Sri Lanka, duration: 15 minutes.
Stop At Glenloch Tea Factory
Glenloch Tea Factory situated in Nuwara Eliya District at Katukithula on the way to Nuwara Eliya from Kandy. Glenloch tea plantation at Katukithula is been maintained using all the correct method of planting, Soil conversation and Maneuvering. Sri Lanka Become the bets land of the most renowned beverage in the world. Sri Lanka silvering water falls process naturally the beauty of nature, also the most favourable factor of the climate and the best soil conditions required for the healthy growth of the Tea Plant. Experience, dedication and the practice of the correct technology and along with its natural resources Sri Lanka to earn the best reputation for its tea, Ceylon tea all over the world. Glenloch tea is one of the giant partners of its significant endeavour of Sri Lanka to become the world No:01 and the biggest producer of quality tea, duration: 20 minutes.
Pass By Gregory Lake, Nuwara Eliya Sri Lanka
Gregory Lake was created in 1873 by the British era Governor at the time, Sir William Gregory, supposedly for the purpose of providing electricity. However, the lake was mainly used for leisure and recreation after it was built. At its peak of fame, Gregory Lake was the most prominent attraction in the area and was used as a place to relax by many visitors.
Stop At: Shri Bhakta Hanuman Temple
Shri Bhakta Hanuman Temple is built by the Chinmaya Mission of Sri Lanka. Located in Ramboda on Kandy-Nuwara Eliya Road located approximately 30 odd kilometres North of Nuwara Eliya on the A-5 route facing the Kotmale Reservoir. The Chinmaya Mission is a Hindu spiritual organization engaged in the dissemination of Vedanta, the science of the self as expounded in the Vedas, particularly the Upanishads, and other important Hindu scriptures including the Bhagavad Gita, duration: 20 minutes.
Overnight Stay in Kandy
Time : 6:00 am
KANDY / SIGIRIYA / COLOMBO
After the breakfast leave for Colomb, en-route visits,
Ancient City of Sigiriya
Sigiriya Site between the towns of Dambulla and Habarane, Sigiriya 21120 Sri Lanka Sigiriya or Sinhagiri is an ancient rock fortress located in the northern Matale District near the town of Dambulla in the Central Province, Sri Lanka. The name refers to a site of historical and archaeological significance that is dominated by a massive column of rock nearly 200 metres high, duration: 4 hours.
Sigiriya Rock Fortress
Sigiriya or Sinhagiri is an ancient rock fortress located in the northern Matale District near the town of Dambulla in the Central Province, Sri Lanka. The name refers to a site of historical and archaeological significance that is dominated by a massive column of rock nearly 200 metres high, duration: 3 hours.
Golden Temple of Dambulla
Dambulla cave temple also known as the Golden Temple of Dambulla is a World Heritage Site in Sri Lanka, situated in the central part of the country. This site is situated 148 kilometres east of Colombo and 72 kilometres north of Kandy. Dambulla is the largest and best-preserved cave temple complex in Sri Lanka, duration: 1 hour.
End of the trip
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing