In the Galle city tour, we will take you to one of the most beautiful parts of the island, southern Sri Lanka, where you get plenty of opportunities to enjoy the pristine palm-fringed beaches, picturesque countryside, one of the UNESCO world heritage sites/ the Dutch Fort, wildlife and mangrove forests.
- Trip Outline
Galle City Tour, Fortress, Madu River Estuary and Southern Sri Lanka (private)
The Galle one day tour is a very scenic tour that takes place all along the west coast beaches of Sri Lanka. In the Galle city tour, we will take you to one of the most beautiful parts of the island, southern Sri Lanka, where you get plenty of opportunities to enjoy the pristine palm-fringed beaches, picturesque countryside, one of the UNESCO world heritage sites/ the Dutch Fort, endangered sea turtles, mask museum and mangrove forests. All attractions are along the way, and all are exposed within a few hours.
Galle one day tour in a nutshell
7:30 am Hotel Pickups for the Galle one day tour from Colombo.
08:30 am Stop for the Madu River and mangrove forest boat trip.
09.45 am Stop at the Mask Museum and the handicraft centre.
11:00 am Stop at the moonstone mines and workshop.
12:00 pm Stop at Hikkaduwa for Glass bottom boat trip to explore Hikkaduwa marine sanctuary.
12:30 Lunch at a seafood beach restaurant (Optional).
02:00 pm reach the Galle Fort (UNESCO world heritage site), spend 1 hour leisurely while exploring the important places.
04:00 pm finish Galle one day tour and leave for Colombo
5:00 pm Arrive back to the hotel in Colombo.
Activity included in the Galle one day tour
- A visit to sea turtle conservation centre and learn about endangered sea turtle from volunteers.
- Bost tour at Madu River estuary (Ramsar wetland) and see the valuable riverine Faun and flora.
- Tour of the mangrove lagoon.
- Visit the cinnamon island and learn about Cinnamon.
- Visit the ancient Buddhist temple.
- Galls bottom boat trip to see coral reefs a, sea turtles and exotic fish species in the marine sanctuary.
- Visit Hikkaduwa beach.
- Walking tour of Galle Fort (UNESCO world heritage site) and explore the best-preserved dutch built medieval fort in Asia. Walkthrough hundreds of medieval period mansions, churches, temple, galleries, and many more.
Is this trip right for you?
- This compact trip packs a lot in. It’s one of the shortest trips we run in our Original style, perfect for those with very little time and a desire to do the most with it.
- The tour mainly revolves around tourist attractions on the southern and western coast beach areas. In fact, you will be stopping a few times to explore the different places on teh beach.
- Sri Lanka can get extremely hot in the summer. While we aim to do our walking tours when the heat is low (in the morning and evening), remember to keep water on you and to bring a hat, sunscreen, a long-sleeved shirt, and anything else that will protect you from the sun.
- Part of travelling with Seerendipity respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. We visit a number of temples on this trip and to enter them you must have clothes that cover to wrists and below the knee. Please check this article about how to dress, before visiting a temple in Sri Lanka.
- Entrance fees and activity cost for below,
- Madu river estuary exploration boat tour
- Sea turtle conservation project
- Visiting Hikkaduwa beach
- Trip of mask museum
- Guided walking tour of Galle Fort
- Moonstone mines
- Glass bottom boat trip of Hilkaduwa marine sanctuary
- Meeting arrangements at the airport on arrival and departure.
- Entire ground transportation as per the itinerary in a modern air-conditioned, private vehicle.
- English speaking driver/guide (please inquire for other languages).
- All government taxes.
- The expense of personal nature such as gratuities.
- Meals and Drinks.
Book now & pay later
Reserve your tour now and pay when you meet us. Send us the duly filled tour booking form, we will arrange your tour and you can make the payment as you meet us on the first day of the trip.
Best price guaranteed
We guarantee the best price. If you find the same tour package at a cheaper price elsewhere, we do match the price of other tour packages and furthermore add a further 10% discount to it.
No hidden fees and commissions
The price you see on the product pages is the exact same rate that you see in the final stage of the trip booking. There are no hidden fees and taxes such as GST, BTT, service charge, nation-building tax, hotel tax etc.
COVID-19 Special information
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned.
- Social distancing is maintained in vehicles.
- To reduce crowds, all tours are private.
- Masks are required, please bring your own.
- You must fill out a travel information form.
- Temperature checks are mandatory.
- You must book this activity online, as the ticket office is closed.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Pickup and dropoff from more than 140+ hotels on the west coast.
- Luxury, modern, private vehicle for transport.
- Service of a well-experienced and knowledgeable tour guide.
Please don't hesitate to contact us for more information on this trip or changes to the tour itinerary.