The remnants of a spiritual past await your discovery in Sri Lanka, from the ancient cliff-built complex of Lion Rock in Sigiriya to the ruins of the Sinhalese last kingdom of Kandy. Explore wonders of nature and humanity – often both at once – on this 2-day adventure through the cities, jungles and caves of Sri Lanka.
- Trip Outline
Insight Into Sri Lankan Culture
The remnants of a spiritual past await your discovery in Sri Lanka, from the ancient cliff-built complex of Lion Rock in Sigiriya to the ruins of the Sinhalese last kingdom of Kandy. Explore wonders of nature and humanity – often both at once – on this 2-day adventure through the cities, jungles and caves of Sri Lanka. Beginning in Colombo, travel through verdant countryside, ruined cities, into the wildlife-filled Minneriya National Park and to the thriving capital of Colombo. An immersive and cultural Sri Lankan escapade awaits – the only thing left to choose is when to go.
Kandy and Sigiriya tour mainly covers the cultural triangle of Sri Lanka. This two days tour allows you to see several world heritage sites on the island namely Kandy, Sigiriya and Dambulla. Kandy Sigiriya tour is a private tour and it enables you to see some of the most interesting places on the island within a very short period of time. This package also includes a safari with a 4 wheel drive jeep in the Minneriya national park, allowing you to explore the rich wildlife of Sri Lanka in this short program.
Why you'll love this trip
- Travel through highlands so green they almost glow in Kandy, and sample some of the acclaimed tea varieties that grow on the hillsides with your small group.
- Learn of the varied cuisine and local customs of different regions around Sri Lanka.
- See one of the world’s most revered relics at the Temple of the Tooth in Kandy, home to an earthly remain of the Lord Buddha, and discover the cave temple of Dambulla.
- Head on safari – Sri Lanka style! Look for elephants and leopards while you cruise the beautiful Minneriya National Park in a jeep with expert local guides at twilight.
Activities included in the trip
- Trekking through a Tea plantation and visit a Tea Factory
- Explore the tooth relic temple and museum
- Trek to the Dambulla golden cave temple and witness thousands of years old paintings and Buddha statues
- Walking in the spice garden in Kandy and learn about Sri Lanka's authentic spices
- Take a panoramic view from the summit of Sigiriya rock
- Wildlife safari at Minneriya national park
- Visit Pinnawala elephant orphanage and see the elephant bath and hundreds of elephants
- 1-night accommodation at Orkray regency hotel Kandy
- Breakfast and Dinner at the hotel (1 breakfast and 1 dinner)
- Transportation in an air-conditioned, private vehicle with English speaking driver (please inquire for other languages)
- All government taxes
- Expenses of personal nature such as tipping, photography
- Entrance fees for
- Sigiriya rock fortress
- Dambulla cave temple
- Tooth relic temple
- Pinnawala elephant orphanage
- Wildlife safari of Minneriya national park (Jeep safari)
- Any other service or meal not indicated above
- Flight ticket
- Early check-in & Late check-out
Book now & pay later
Reserve your tour now and pay when you meet us. Send us the duly filled tour booking form, we will arrange your tour and you can make the payment as you meet us on the first day of the trip.
Best price guaranteed
We guarantee the best price. If you find the same tour package at a cheaper price elsewhere, we do match the price of other tour packages and furthermore add a further 10% discount to it.
No hidden fees and commissions
The price you see on the product pages is the exact same rate that you see in the final stage of the trip booking. There are no hidden fees and taxes such as GST, BTT, service charge, nation-building tax, hotel tax etc.
COVID-19 special information
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- Social distancing is maintained in vehicles
- To reduce crowds, all tours are private
- Masks are required, please bring your own
- You must fill out a travel information form
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- You must book this activity online, as the ticket office is closed
Meet and greet by seerendipity tours representative and drive to Kandy,
Kandy was the last capital of Sri Lankan monarchy, which was ceded to British administration in 1815. Finally, it was ceded to them by the Chieftains of Kandy who were disappointed over the king’s cruel deeds. Today Kandy is one of the most important cities owing to the presence of the Temple of the Sacred Tooth of the Buddha.
Visit Temple of Tooth Relic in Kandy enjoy a typical Sri Lankan Cultural Show of Drumming Dancing music and fire walking.
PINNAWALA ELEPHANT ORPHANAGE
Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, the foster – home of elephants of different age and size feeding, bathing, playing together and even mating. Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, the foster – home of elephants of different age and size feeding, bathing, playing together and even mating. The Jumbos living at Pinnawala elephant orphanage are found in the jungle with injuries and some of them are abandoned in the jungle. Since its inception there are few dozens of babies are born in the orphanage.
OPTIONAL – ELEPHANT SAFARI / RIDE
The Elephant Safari (At Village) has become a highlight event to tourist for its excitement and adventure or even for the “Chance of a Life Time” of riding an Elephant. The Elephant Safari is a ride on an Elephant with a safely secured seat that takes around one hour. The ride takes you through the jungle, village and even crosses a part of the paddy field.
This is a fun-filled activity, especially kids love it, going through the villages, paddy fields, patched of forests and waterholes allow you to see natural beautify of Sri Lankan countryside while taking a glimpse on various avian fauna species and many other animals.
TEMPLE OF THE TOOTH RELIC
The tooth relic temple also is known as Dalada Maligawa in native language houses the left eyetooth of Buddha, and it’s one of the most important tourist attractions as well as the most sacred Buddhist temple on the island. There are few thousands of Buddhist religious sites on the island but none of them can surpass its fame as a sacred site, it is the Mecca of Sri Lankan Buddhist. The temple is located in the world heritage site of Kandy, which is also the cultural centre of the island.
This 2 days tour also include places of Tourist interest such as,
Kandyan cultural show, Optional village tour, Kataragama Devala, Sri Muttumari Amman Temple, Gem museum, Downtown Kandy, Gem museum, Tea Center, Silk Factory, Handicraft centre, Gem Museum
...Overnight stay in Kandy...
After the breakfast leave for Colombo via Sigiriya and Dambulla,
Visit a spice garden at Matale where spices and herbs used for Sri Lankan cuisine and medication are grown Spices of Sri Lanka attracted the early seafaring merchants who made the long voyages to purchase this precious merchandise.
GOLDEN CAVE TEMPLE DAMBULLA
In the 1st century BC, a king of Anuradhapura fled the city due to a South Indian invasion and took refuge in the caves of Dambulla. On recapturing Anuradhapura after 13 years, the king converted the caves into a monastery and gifted it to the Buddhist monks.
SIGIRIYA ROCKA Prince of the 5th century who committed patricide made the rock of Sigiriya his hideout in order to stay away from his half-brother who sought vengeance. This prince Kasyappa by name, not only fortified his stronghold but also added to it artistic beauty.(declared as a world heritage site by UNESCO).
This will include a Safari tour by jeep with a jungle tracker, where you can see animals in the Jungle, including elephants, Bears, Wild boar, Dear, Buffalo, Monkeys and many other animals if you are lucky, leopards too. Return to Habarana.
Visit a Tea Plantation and a Tea Factory en route. Sri Lanka is famous for its “Ceylon Tea” has added cheers to many the world over for more than a century.
.......................END OF THE TOUR.........................
- Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing