- Trip Outline
Spare day in the beach resort or in Colombo and like to visit Kandy to some of the best tourist attractions on the island? This one-day private tour to Kandy by one of our luxury cars and with an experienced local guide makes your Kandy tour easy and very enjoyable as well as information-rich experience.
This guided tour starts in Colombo or any other hotels on the west coast. The pick-up location and time is very flexible because this is a private tour, everything happening at your own pace. There is a plan for the day, which is flexible and can be adjusted to meet your comfort.
This full-day Kandy private tour includes many tourist attractions such as Pinnawala elephant orphanage, Tooth relic temple, Royal botanical gardens, tea factory, spice garden, tea gardens, tea shops, gem museum, silk garden and a guided, relaxing walk through the Kandy market.
The package includes Colombo hotel pick-up and drop-off, all entrance fees, guides, entire ground transportation in an air-conditioned modern car, and all government taxes.
Activities included on the trip
- Visiting tooth relic temple of Kandy
- Walking tour in the royal botanical garden
- Visiting Tea factory and walking in a tea garden
- Visiting Pinnawala elephant orphanage
- Witness elephant bath
- Discount voucher of 10% at a Jewelry shop (only in Colombo or Kandy)
- Discount voucher 5% to shop at Spice garden in Kandy
- Entrance fees for the following site.
- Spice garden
- Tea estate
- Tea tasting
- Kandy sightseeing tour
- Entire ground transportation as per the itinerary
- English speaking tour guide
- Meeting arrangements at the airport on arrival and departure.
- The above are nett and include all government taxes
- Hotel pick-up and drop
- Service of a tour guide throughout the tour
- Entire ground transportation as per the tour itinerary in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees for optional sites and activities
- Royal botanical garden
- Pinnawala elephant orphanage
- Tooth relic temple
- Expenses of personal nature such as tipping, porters, laundry, telephones, etc.
- Video and Camera permits.
- Any meals not specified, throughout the tour
- Any other services not specified.
No details found.
Time : 6:00 am
COLOMBO / PINNAWALA / KANDY / COLOMBO
Meet and greet by Seerendipity tours representative and leave for Kandy, En-route visits,
Visit a spice garden at Matale where spices and herbs used for Sri Lankan cuisine and medication are grown Spices of Sri Lanka attracted the early seafaring merchants who made the long voyages to purchase this precious merchandise.
A ruled in Kandy up to 1815 although the rest of the island was under the British regime. Finally, it was ceded to them by the Chieftains of Kandy who were disappointed over the king’s cruel deeds. Today Kandy is one of the most important cities owing to the presence of the Temple of the Sacred Tooth of the Buddha.
Visit Temple of Tooth Relic in Kandy enjoy a typical Sri Lankan Cultural Show of Drumming Dancing music and fire walking.
TEMPLE OF THE TOOTH
Sri Dalada Maligawa (Sinhala) or The Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic is a Buddhist temple in the city of Kandy, Sri Lanka. It is located in the royal palace complex which houses the Relic of the tooth of Buddha. Since ancient times, the relic has played an important role in local politics because it is believed that whoever holds the relic holds the governance of the country. Kandy was the last capital of the Sinhalese kings and is a world heritage site partly due to the temple.
The Botanical Garden of Peradeniya was a pleasure garden of a Kandyan King of the 16th Century and later made into a Botanical Garden during the British regime. This gardens; one of the best in Asia is a place of beauty and site for bird watchers.
CITY & SHOPPING
The City Tour will include places of Tourist interest such as
Kandy Lake, Historical churches, Buddhist Hindu Temples, Tea garden, Tea factory, Gem museum, Handy craft center
Silk garden, Hemachjandra jewellery, Barefoot and etc
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing