Spare day in the beach resort or in Colombo and like to visit Kandy to some of the best tourist attractions on the island? On this Kandy one day trip you will explore elephant park, royal botanical garden, Tea plantation, tooth relic temple, spice garden and many more, by one of our luxury cars and an experienced guide.
- Trip Outline
Kandy One Day Trip (Private)
Spare day in the beach resort on the west coast or in Colombo and like to visit Kandy to some of the best tourist attractions on the island? This one-day private tour to Kandy by one of our luxury cars and with an experienced local guide makes your Kandy tour easy and very enjoyable as well as information-rich experience.
This guided tour starts in Colombo or any other hotels on the west coast. The pick-up location and time is very flexible because this is a private tour, everything happening at your own pace. There is a plan for the day, which is flexible and can be adjusted to meet your comfort.
This full-day Kandy private tour includes many tourist attractions such as Pinnawala elephant orphanage, Tooth relic temple, Royal botanical gardens, tea factory, spice garden, tea gardens, tea shops, gem museum, silk garden and a guided, relaxing walk through the Kandy market.
Is this trip right for you?
- The entire trip is private (transfers and sightseeings), and the only you and your associates take part in the trip.
- This compact trip packs a lot in. It’s one of the shortest trips we run in our Original style, perfect for those with very little time and a desire to do the most with it.
- The tour mainly revolves around Sri Lanka hill country city of Kandy. You will be making frequent stops during the trip from Colombo to Kandy.
- Sri Lanka can get extremely hot in the summer. While we aim to do our walking tours and city tours when the heat is low (in the morning and evening), there are instances that we have to do them during mid-day, remember to keep water on you and to bring a hat, sunscreen, a long-sleeved shirt, and anything else that will protect you from the sun.
- Part of travelling with Seerendipity respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. We visit a number of temples on this trip and to enter them you must have clothes that cover to wrists and below the knee. Please check this article to know more about rules and regulations pertaining Sri Lanka temples.
Itinerary in a nutshell
- Stop 1. Stop at an Elephant Safari in Pinnawala.
- Stop 2. Arrive in Kandy.
- Stop 3. Visit the Spice and Herbal Garden.
- Stop 4. Go to the Tooth Relic Temple.
- Stop 5. Walk around the Kandy Lake.
- Stop 6. Enjoy a tasty lunch at a local restaurant.
- Stop 7. Go back to Colombo.
- End of Tour. Drop off at your accommodation.
Activities included on the trip
- Visiting tooth relic temple of Kandy
- Walking tour of the royal botanical garden (1 hour)
- Visiting Tea factory and walking in a tea garden
- Visiting Pinnawala elephant orphanage
- Witness elephant bath
- Guided Kandy city tour
- Walking tour of the spice garden (1 hour)
- Entire ground transportation as per the tour itinerary in an air-conditioned vehicle, private vehicle.
- Service of an English speaking tour driver/guide throughout the tour
- Entrance fees for the following site.
- Spice garden
- Tea estate & tea factory
- Tea tasting
- Kandy City tour
- Entire ground transportation as per the itinerary
- English speaking tour guide
- Meeting arrangements at the airport on arrival and departure.
- All government taxes
- Hotel pick-up and drop
- Discount voucher of 10% at a Jewelry shop (only in Colombo or Kandy)
- Discount voucher 5% to shop at Spice garden in Kandy
- Entrance fees for optional sites and activities
- Royal botanical garden
- Pinnawala elephant orphanage
- Tooth relic temple
- Expenses of personal nature such as tipping, porters, laundry, telephones, etc.
- Video and Camera permits.
- Any meals not specified, throughout the tour
- Any other services not specified.
Time : 5:00 am
Meet and greet by Seerendipity tours representative and leave for Kandy, En-route visits,
Visit a spice garden at Matale where spices and herbs used for Sri Lankan cuisine and medication are grown Spices of Sri Lanka attracted the early seafaring merchants who made the long voyages to purchase this precious merchandise.
A ruled in Kandy up to 1815 although the rest of the island was under the British regime. Finally, it was ceded to them by the Chieftains of Kandy who were disappointed over the king’s cruel deeds. Today Kandy is one of the most important cities owing to the presence of the Temple of the Sacred Tooth of the Buddha.
Visit Temple of Tooth Relic in Kandy enjoy a typical Sri Lankan Cultural Show of Drumming Dancing music and fire walking.
TEMPLE OF THE TOOTH
Sri Dalada Maligawa (Sinhala) or The Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic is a Buddhist temple in the city of Kandy, Sri Lanka. It is located in the royal palace complex which houses the Relic of the tooth of Buddha. Since ancient times, the relic has played an important role in local politics because it is believed that whoever holds the relic holds the governance of the country. Kandy was the last capital of the Sinhalese kings and is a world heritage site partly due to the temple.
The Botanical Garden of Peradeniya was a pleasure garden of a Kandyan King of the 16th Century and later made into a Botanical Garden during the British regime. This gardens; one of the best in Asia is a place of beauty and site for bird watchers.
CITY & SHOPPING
The City Tour will include places of Tourist interest such as
Kandy Lake, Historical churches, Buddhist Hindu Temples, Tea garden, Tea factory, Gem museum, Handy craft centre
Silk garden, Hemachjandra jewellery, Barefoot and etc
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing