Bentota river cruise – 2 hours, You can take a boat tour of the Bentota river and enjoy the mesmerizing riverine forest of Bentota. 1 boat can accommodate up to 4 persons. The dense foliated mangrove forest is made of hundreds of thousands of giant mangroves,
- Trip Outline
Bentota river cruise - 2 hours, You can take a boat tour of Bentota river and enjoy the mesmerising riverine forest of Bentota. 1 boat can accommodate up to 4 persons. The dense foliated mangrove forest is made of hundreds of thousands of giant mangroves, whose roots spikes from the sea bed and shelter many marine creatures such as water monitor, land monitor, crocodile, snakes, chameleon and a large number of avian fauna species.
- Learn about traditional riverine vegetation
- 2 hours boat trip through the backwaters of the estuary
- Ride through one of the longest tunnels in Asia formed by mangroves
- Witness many marine creatures such as crocodile, monitors and birds
- Enjoy the natural beauty of mangrove forest
- Private tour for just you and your party
- The guide provides navigation and engaging commentary
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible Infants must sit on laps
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity.
- Only your group will participate
Mangrove forest visit
- Live guide
- 2 hours of a boat trip
- All government taxes
Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
COVID-19 Special information
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- Social distancing is maintained in vehicles
- To reduce crowds, all tours are private
- Masks are required, please bring your own
- You must fill out a travel information form
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- You must book this activity online, as the ticket office is closed
The boat trip does not include a transfer from your hotel. However, we organize the hotel pick up and drop on request. Please contact us on 0094774440977 for more details. You can also text the same number via WhatsApp.
Time : 8:00 am
Madu river safari
Meet and greet by your boat trip organizer upon visiting our boathouse in Balapitiya
Madu River, duration: 2 hours
Madu River is a wetland, near the Small-town "Balapitiya" along the Colombo Galle highway. This is the point where the Estuary of the Madu River. The river flows through a terrain where it creates a large number of islands, and the ecosystem creates a beautiful wetland. The hotels around provide boat rids through the canals created at a good cost. And there are loads of places to stay, dine and wine.
A visit to Cinnamon island
After about 30 minutes from the starting point you will be reaching the cinnamon island. Cinnamon Island is one of the 64 islands in Madu estuary. It is inhabited by a family, who run a family business, where they grow cinnamon. Here, you can see how the cinnamon is prepared for commercial use.
Visiting Buddhist temple
Another small island with a Buddhist temple, where you make a stop. The island belongs to the temple, which is visited by the people living on the other island in the estuary. The temple is quite isolated during the day as the most devotees visit the temple late evening. Visitors are allowed to enter the temp please kindly respect the dress code. The garden of the temple is full of green and there are many fruits, vegetables and spices are among them.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing