Instead of long bus journeys or haggling with cabs, see Sigiriya rock and Dambulla cave temple in one stress-free and illuminating private tour from Colombo and west coast hotels. With your own air-conditioned vehicle to relax in and a driver-guide to share the UNESCO-listed sites’ history;
- Trip Outline
Sigiriya and Dambulla One Day Private Tour
Instead of long bus journeys or haggling with cabs, see Sigiriya rock and Dambulla cave temple in one stress-free and illuminating private tour from Colombo and west coast hotels. With your own air-conditioned vehicle to relax in and a driver-guide to share the UNESCO-listed sites’ history; cover more ground in a day, be free to make other stops, and obtain a deeper understanding of both attractions than if exploring alone.
Is this trip right for you?
- The entire trip is private (transfers and sightseeings), only you and your associates take part in the trip.
- This 1-day trip packs a lot in. It’s one of the most popular Sri Lanka tours, we run in our Original style, perfect for those, who look for a one week trip and a desire to do the most with it. If you are after a more leisurely trip in Sri Lanka or shorter trip please check our other tour itineraries.
- Sri Lanka can get extremely hot in the summer. While we aim to do our walking tours, city tours early in the morning or afternoon, when it’s cooler, remember to keep water on you and to bring a hat, sunscreen, a long-sleeved shirt, and anything else that will protect you from the sun.
- Part of travelling with Seerendipity means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. We visit a number of temples on this trip and to enter them you must have clothes that cover to wrists and below the knee. Same times you have to remove the head covers and shoes upon entering the temple. Please click here to know more about the rules and regulations pertaining to Sri Lanka temple visits.
Why you'll love this trip
- Wander through the ancient Temple of Dambulla, which houses hundreds of ancient Buddha statues and thousands of ancient paintings.
- Explore the Sigiriya rock fortress, which is one of the iconic tourist hotspots in Sri Lanka.
- Visit the Pinnawala elephant orphanage and see the elephant bath, when hundreds of elephant in all ages gather to the Maha Oya River.
- Jeep safari in the national park of Minneriya in search of wild elephants, jackal, deer, mongoose, monitors and other creatures frequently seen in the park.
- Take a panoramic view from the summit of Sigiriya Rock
- Trek to Dambulla’s Cave Temples and witness one of the oldest cave temples in the world
- See the families of macaques (monkey)
- Swap buses and cabs for the comfort and flexibility of a private vehicle
- Explore the sites and hear background on them you might miss it by yourself
- wildlife safari in Minneriya national park.
- Relax with convenient pickup and drop-off at hotels in Colombo on the west coast
- Entire ground transportation as per the tour itinerary in an airconditioned, private vehicle
- Service of English speaking driver/ guide (please inquire for other languages)
- Discount voucher of 10% at a Jewelry shop
- Meeting arrangements at the airport on arrival and departure, pick-up from the hotel can be arranged
- All government taxes
- Expenses of personal nature such as tipping, porters, laundry, telephones, etc
- Any meals not specified, throughout the tour
- Site guide for Sigiriya rock
- Entrance fees for (customer should pay at the entrance)
- Sigiriya rock fortress
- Dambulla golden cave temple
- Elephant safari
- Pidurangala temple
- safari in Minneriya national park
Book now & pay later
Reserve your tour now and pay when you meet us. Send us the duly filled tour booking form, we will arrange your tour and you can make the payment as you meet us on the first day of the trip.
Best price guaranteed
We guarantee the best price. If you find the same tour package at a cheaper price elsewhere, we do match the price of other tour packages and furthermore add a further 10% discount to it.
No hidden fees and commissions
The price you see on the product pages is the exact same rate that you see in the final stage of the trip booking. There are no hidden fees and taxes such as GST, BTT, service charge, nation-building tax, hotel tax etc.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Group discount is available when group size is 7 people or more
- Please wear clothes to cover your knees and shoulders when visiting temples
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
COVID-19 Special information
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- Social distancing is maintained in vehicles
- To reduce crowds, all tours are private
- Masks are required, please bring your own
- You must fill out a travel information form
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- You must book this activity online, as the ticket office is closed
Time : 7:00 am
COLOMBO / DAMBULLA / SIGIRIYA / COLOMBO
Meet and greet by Seerendiopity tours representative and leave Colombo early in the morning, en-route visit Dambulla cave temple and Sigiriya rock fortress.
GOLDEN CAVE TEMPLE DAMBULLA
In the 1st century BC, a king of Anuradhapura fled the city due to a South Indian invasion and took refuge in the caves of Dambulla. On recapturing Anuradhapura after 13 years, the king converted the caves into the monastery and gifted it to the Buddhist monks.
A Prince of the 5th century who committed patricide made the rock of Sigiriya his hideout in order to stay away from his half-brother who sought vengeance. This prince Kasyappa by name, not only fortified his stronghold but also added to it artistic beauty. (declared as a world heritage site by UNESCO).
OPTIONAL – ELEPHANT SAFARI / RIDE
The Elephant that was the limousine, Bulldozer, War Tank, Status Symbol, Wealth Asset and Domestic pet in the past is today an element that adds colour to pageants or the gentle Giant that gives pleasure rides.
The Elephant Safari Habarana (At Village) has become a highlight event to tourist for its excitement and adventure or even for the “Chance of a Life Time” of riding an Elephant.
The Elephant Safari is a ride on an Elephant with a safely secured seat that takes around two hours. The ride takes you on a bund of an ancient lake built for irrigation then through the jungle and even crosses a part of the lake where you could get your feet wet whilst seated on Elephant Back. This is fun never to be missed when in Sri Lanka.
Return transfer to Colombo and end of the tour
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing