- Trip Outline
Instead of long bus journeys or haggling with cabs, see Sri Lanka’s Sigiriya Rock and Dambulla Cave Temple in one stress-free and illuminating private tour from Colombo and west coast hotels. With your own air-conditioned vehicle to relax in and a driver-guide to share the UNESCO-listed sites’ history; cover more ground in a day, be free to make other stops, and obtain a deeper understanding of both attractions than if exploring alone.
Book now & pay later
Reserve your tour now and pay when you meet us. Send us the duly filled tour booking form, we will arrange your tour and you can make the payment as you meet us on the first day of the trip.
Best Price Guaranteed
We guarantee the best price. If you find the same tour package at a cheaper price elsewhere, we do match the price of other tour packages and furthermore add a further 10% discount to it.
No hidden fees and commissions
The price you see on the product pages is the exact same rate that you see in the final stage of the trip booking. There are no hidden fees and taxes such as GST, BTT, service charge, nation-building tax, hotel tax etc.
- Visit Sigiriya Rock and Dambulla’s Cave Temples on a private tour from Colombo
- Swap buses and cabs for the comfort and flexibility of a private vehicle
- Explore the sites and hear background on them you might miss it by yourself
- Relax with convenient pickup and drop-off at hotels in Colombo sn west coast
- Entire ground transportation as per the tour itinerary
- Transport in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Service of English speaking driver/ guide
- Discount voucher of 10% at a Jewelry shop
- Meeting arrangements at the airport on arrival and departure, pick-up from the hotel can be arranged
- The above are nett and include all government taxes
- Expenses of personal nature such as tipping, porters, laundry, telephones, etc
- Video and Camera permits
- Any meals not specified, throughout the tour
- Any other services not specified
- Entrance fees for (customer should pay at the entrance)
- Sigiriya rock fortress entrance fee
- Dambulla golden cave entrance fee
- Elephant safari ride fee (optional)
- Pidurangala temple
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Group discount is available when group size is 7 people or more
- Please wear clothes to cover your knees and shoulders when visiting temples
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
No details found.
Time : 7:00 am
COLOMBO / DAMBULLA / SIGIRIYA / COLOMBO
Meet and greet by Seerendiopity tours reprasantative and leave Colombo early in the morning, en-route visit Dambulla cave temple and Sigiriya rock fortress.
GOLDEN CAVE TEMPLE DAMBULLA
In the 1st century BC, a king of Anuradhapura fled the city due to a South Indian invasion and took refuge in the caves of Dambulla. On recapturing Anuradhapura after 13 years, the king converted the caves into the monastery and gifted it to the Buddhist monks.
A Prince of the 5th century who committed patricide made the rock of Sigiriya his hideout in order to stay away from his half-brother who sought vengeance. This prince Kasyappa by name, not only fortified his stronghold but also added to it artistic beauty.(declared as a world heritage site by UNESCO).
OPTIONAL – ELEPHANT SAFARI / RIDE
The Elephant that was the limousine, Bulldozer, War Tank, Status Symbol, Wealth Asset and Domestic pet in the past is today an element that adds colour to pageants or the gentle Giant that gives pleasure rides.
The Elephant Safari Habarana (At Village) has become a highlight event to tourist for its excitement and adventure or even for the “Chance of a Life Time” of riding an Elephant.
The Elephant Safari is a ride on an Elephant with a safely secured seat that takes around two hours. The ride takes you on a bund of an ancient lake built for irrigation then through the jungle and even crosses a part of the lake where you could get your feet wet whilst seated on Elephant Back. This is fun never to be missed when in Sri Lanka.
Return transfer to Colombo and end of the tour
- Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing