Rainforest walk – Take a trek through the quaint paths of Sinharaja where placid undergrowth lies in wait for the appreciation of all who wish to indulge in the tranquil wilderness of Sri Lanka’s world-renowned biodiversity hotspot.
- Trip Outline
Sinharaja forest reserve of Sri Lanka is a paradise owing to its depth endemic fauna and flora collection. Sinharaja rainforest is a UNESCO world heritage site and the last remaining primaeval rainforest with about 50% of its fauna and flora endemic to the island.
Birds both resident and migratory flock the canopy, especially between December and April. A large number of foreign travellers as well as local tourists come to explore Sinharaja rainforest every day, Sinharaja is a part of most nature tours and bird-watching tours and also included in most Sri Lanka adventure tour itineraries because it is one of the best places to enjoy the fauna and flora of Sri Lanka including a large number of birds, butterflies, insects and vertebrates.
Sinharaja rainforest tour starts in Colombo and takes you to the Sinharaja forest via Kalutara, Matugam and Agalawatte. The drive from Colombo to Sinharaja rainforest takes around 3 hours. All arrangements for your Sinharaja trip is well planned by the staff of seerendipity tours and we map-out the 3 hours jungle trek even before you arrive at the site.
The entire tour will take around 6-7 hours. The jungle trek lasts about 4 hours, you will be out of the jungle before sunset. You can have a bath in cool shallow water pool down the Kekuna Ella Water Fall. You must be prepared with swimsuits.
This tour is suitable for elderly travellers and families with kids to get a glimpse of a true rain forest experiences.
Is this trip right for you?
- The entire trip is private (transfers and sightseeings), and the only you and your associates take part in the trip.
- This 1-day trip is one of the most popular Sri Lanka tours, we run in our Original style, perfect for those, who look for a trip to enjoy the Sri Lankan nature. If you are after a more leisurely trip in Sri Lanka, cultural trip or shorter trip please check our other tour itineraries.
- You are trekking through the virgin rainforest, where you have to walk on rugged terrain. Please wear comfortable shoes to trek through the forest comfortably.
- You may encounter leeches during the trek, we will arrange the leeches repellent.
- It is recommended to have binoculars, thereby it will be easier to spot birds.
What to expect
- 3-4 hours trek through the virgin rainforest of Sinharaja
- Learn about fauna and flora of the forest from our experienced nature guide
- Sighting of many dozens of birds and many other insects, lizards, butterflies and many other creatures
- Encounter hundreds of different trees, plants and veins as well as dozens of orchids
- Taking a closer look at waterfalls
- Pick-up from the airport or any hotel on the west coast and the drop
- Entire ground transportation in an air-conditioned, luxury, private vehicle
- English speaking driver/guide (Please inquire for other languages)
- Mineral water
- 4 hours rainforest trek in the forest
- All entrance fees and activity costs
- Highway toll
- Leeches repellent
- Nature guide to show you around the forest and explain to you about Fauna and Flora
- All government taxes
- Expenses of personal nature such as tipping
- Food and drinks
Book now & pay later
Reserve your tour now and pay when you meet us. Send us the duly filled tour booking form, we will arrange your tour and you can make the payment as you meet us on the first day of the trip.
Best price guaranteed
We guarantee the best price. If you find the same tour package at a cheaper price elsewhere, we do match the price of other tour package and furthermore add a 10% discount to it.
No hidden fees and commissions
The price you see on the product pages is the exact same rate that you see in the final stage of the trip booking. We do not add any other hidden charges and taxes such as GST, BTT, service charge, nation-building tax, hotel tax etc as you come to the last stage of the booking.
COVID-19 Special information
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- Social distancing is maintained in vehicles
- To reduce crowds, all tours are private
- Masks are required, please bring your own
- You must fill out a travel information form
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- You must book this activity online, as the ticket office is closed
Time : 7:00 am
COLOMBO / SINHARAJA / COLOMBO
Meet and greet by seerendipity tours representative at your hotel (0700 hrs) and leave for Sinharaja rainforest via Kalutara and Agalawatte. As you arrive at the Rainforest you will be greeted and welcomed by our nature guide, who will be guiding you throughout the jungle trek and also educate about fauna and flora that you encounter along the way.
The journey from Colombo to Singaraja takes around 2 hours and after a brief rest, you start the Sinharaja rainforest trek. Our nature expert will explain to you about the trees, plants, animals and birds that you encounter during the trek.
After the rainforest trek drives to the nearby hotel where your delicious local meal is served. After having leisurely lunch and eating Sri Lankan fruits start the return journey to the hotel.
The return journey lasts around 2 hours
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing