Walkthrough laid-back remote jungle village, whitewater rafting, national park safari, and trek through the primaeval rain forest and boating to the doorstep of blue whales on this fitness-focused adventure from Colombo to Colombo. With pristine coastline, ancient ruins, rugged peaks and wildlife-filled national parks, Sri Lanka is a dream for travellers, who like to get active.
- Trip Outline
Cream of Sri Lankan Nature (Private Tour)
Discover a world of adventure and splendour on an active trip through Sri Lanka.
Walkthrough laid-back remote jungle village, whitewater rafting, and trek through the primaeval rain forest and boating to the doorstep of blue whales on this fitness-focused adventure from Colombo to Colombo. Sri Lanka is one of Asia’s most exciting destinations and it’s not hard to see why. With pristine coastline, ancient ruins, rugged peaks and wildlife-filled national parks, it’s a dream for travellers who like to get active. Explore the country’s premier sites while wandering through the wilds on this Sri Lankan experience.
Start and end in Colombo! With this adventure, you have a 6-day tour package taking you through Kitulgala, Sri Lanka hill country, Southern Sri Lanka and 8 other popular destinations in Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka Adventure includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
Start: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Finish: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Age Min: 15
Group size: Min 1
Nature of Tour: Private
Why you'll love this trip
- Witness laid-back village life in one of the most remote villages of Sri Lanka.
- Spot birdlife and watch as Sri Lanka's forested landscape shifts with the flow of the Kelani River.
- Encounter Sri Lanka's rich plant life while trekking through the jungle path in Sinharaja rainforest.
- Observe the largest animal in the world on 2-4 hours whale watching boat trip.
- A Memorable Rafting Adventure.
- Witness many dozens of wild elephants along with many other creatures like crocodiles, jackal, buffaloes...
Is this trip right for you?
- This trip requires a good level of fitness to be able to enjoy the physical activities included.
- The weather in this region varies seasonally. Be prepared to get sweaty, and for the occasional rainstorm which may require a change of plans.
- All travellers will need to be competent swimmers to take part in the water rafting trip.
- Sri Lanka gets hot and humid, drink plenty of water and remember a good quality hat and sunblock.
- White water rafting Kitulgala
- Jungle trek and bird watching in Kitulgala rainforest
- Open-air barbeque dinner on the bank of Kelaniya river
- Rainforest trek Sinharaja
- Wildlife safari Udawalawe national park
- Whale watching Mirissa
- Walking tour of Galle Fort
- Boating in the Madu River estuary (Ramsar wetland)
- Exploring mangrove lagoon
- Visiting cinnamon island and watching cinnamon peeling
- Learning about Sri Lankan masks
- Leisure on the pristine beaches of Bentota
- 5 nights accommodation in standard tourist hotels on H/B basis
- 5 Breakfasts at the hotel (Starting from the day 2)
- 4 Dinners at the hotel (starting from the day 2)
- 1 Barbeque dinner by the river
- Transport in air-conditioned luxury, private vehicle
- The assistance of English speaking driver/Guide (please inquire for other languages)
- Meeting arrangements at the airport on arrival and departure
- All government taxes
- Entrance fees and activity cost for the following
- A 4wheel drive jeep safari at Udawalawe national park
- Guided Walking tour of Galle Fortress
- Whale watching tour in Mirissa with breakfast
- Whitewater rafting Kitulgala with our experienced rafter
- Colombo sightseeing tour
- Bird watching tour in the border village of Kitulgala rainforest and rainforest of Kitulgala
- Explore the last remaining primaeval rainforest Sri Lanka ( Sinharaja ) on a 3 hours trek with our nature guide
- Visiting a Sea turtle conservation project to see the endangered Sea turtle
- Visiting Hikkaduwa beach
- Visiting Hindu temple
- Boat tour at Madu River estuary to explore the endless fascinating riverine eco-system, mangrove lagoon, aquatic bird species at the 2nd largest wetland in the island
- Visiting Mask Museum
- Expenses of personal nature such as tipping, porters, laundry, telephones, etc
- Kitulgala-Plantation hotel (2 nights)
- Sinharaja-Lakmini luxury lodge (1 night)
- Udawalawe-Centuria lake hotel (1 night)
- Mirissa-Paradise hotel (1 night)
Book now & pay later
Reserve your tour now and pay when you meet us. Send us the duly filled tour booking form, we will arrange your tour and you can make the payment as you meet us on the first day of the trip.
Best price guaranteed
We guarantee the best price. If you find the same tour package at a cheaper price elsewhere, we do match the price of other tour packages and furthermore add a further 10% discount to it.
No hidden fees and commissions
The price you see on the product pages is the exact same rate that you see in the final stage of the trip booking. There are no hidden fees and taxes such as GST, BTT, service charge, nation-building tax, hotel tax etc.
COVID-19 Special information
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- Social distancing is maintained in vehicles
- To reduce crowds, all tours are private
- Masks are required, please bring your own
- You must fill out a travel information form
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- You must book this activity online, as the ticket office is closed
Time : 7:00 am
COLOMBO / KITULGALA
Meet and greet by Seerendipity tours representative and drive to the hotel in Kitulgala. You will drive on a beautiful countryside, largely isolated road and journey takes around 2 hours. Check in the hotel and rest. In the evening leave for the restaurant on the bank of Kelaniya river for the barbeque dinner.
Overnight stay Hotel in Kitulgala
Time : 8:00 am
After the breakfast leave for white water rafting in the nearby river of Kelaniya, afterwards guided bird watching tour in the border village and the rainforest
WHITE WATER RAFTING
You will be taken on a 4 wheel-drive jeep top the starting point of the water rafting. This is the set-off point for most whitewater adventures. This enthralling adventure lasts around 2 hours with several stops on the way down the river. You will encounter 3 major rapids and 5 minor rapids. The difficulty level of whitewater rafting in Kitulgala is rated as 4. Therefore, in every whitewater rafting, the helm is taken by an experienced rafter provided by us, who manure the boat, while the others need to paddle the boat. There is no age limit or experience level to take part in the whitewater adventure.
You will walk through the village, jungle and plantations and search for the indigenous bird. Kitulgala is a top pick among the bird watchers in Sri Lanka where you have the opportunity to see many species of birds. Nature lovers, in particular, ornithologists, will be rewarded with sightings of the Crested Serpent Eagle, the Ceylon Spur Fowl, the Ceylon Hanging Parrot and the Lay lard's Parakeet. Activities such as mountain-biking, cultural sites and sites of fruit orchards and lowland tea plantations can be experienced in Kitulgala.
TREKKING THROUGH RAINFOREST
Experience various fauna and flora of the Rainforest of Kitulgala Forest Reserve and see beautiful sceneries of waterfalls and streams hidden inside the forest. Have a cool dip in a scenic flowing water stream during your Rain Forest Trek in the Jungle of Kitulgala.Unlike the rainforest trek in Sinharaja, the rainforest trek in Kitulgala is not purely within a virgin rainforest. The trek includes a part of the village, rainforest, plantations etc. The trek lasts around 2 hours and our nature expert show you the places of interest along the way while explaining the fauna and flora that you see during the trek.
Time : 7:00 am
KITULGALA / SINHARAJA
After the breakfast at hotel leave for Sinharaja, the last remaining rain forest in Sri Lanka. Check-in the hotel and rest.
After the lunch at hotel leave for nearby Sinharaja forest main entrance and set off on the rain forest exploration trip with our nature guide. This memorable trek in the Sinharaja forest lasts about 5 hours and you will have the opportunity to enjoy the untamed wilderness of a natural rainforest.
Dinner and overnight stay at Hotel in Sinharaja
Time : 7:00 am
SINHARAJA / UDAWALAWE
After the breakfast leave for Udawalawe En-route visit waterfalls.
UDAWALAWE NATIONAL PARK
The safari at the national park of Udawalawe includes a ride through the jungle with a 4 wheel drive jeep, jungle tracker, entrance fees for the site, and all taxes. Every traveller who enters the Udawalawe national park wishes to see a couple of wild elephants (Sri Lanka's biggest animal). Because Udawalawe is one of the best wildlife parks in the world to spot Asian elephants, it has the largest concentration of elephants compared to any other national parks in the world.
The travellers can see many animal species like elephants, Wild boar, Deer, Buffalo, Monkeys and many other animals with leopards. It also accommodates many species of vertebrate and birds.
Dinner and overnight stay Udawalawe
Time : 8:00 am
UDAWALAWE / MIRISSA
After the breakfast proceed to the beach hotel in Mirissa. check-in and leisure in the beach resort.
Overnight stay Mirissa
Time : 8:00 am
MIRISSA / COLOMBO
Early morning leave for a whale watching tour off the beaches of Mirissa, later proceed to Colombo, En-route visit,
CITY OF GALLE
Galle is the capital of southern Sri Lanka is an economic hub in the region. The history of Galle is dating back to many thousand years and it has some remnants of that are mentioned in Ramayana (Ramayana is a story supposed to take place about 8000 years ago). Galle was an important seaport for merchants travelling from east to west and vice-a-versa. In the 15's Galle maritime capital and natural port were under the captivity or Portuguese. later it was controlled by Dutch and English. Today the city is under the local administration after 450 years of colonial occupation. Galle Fort is a UNESCO world heritage site due to its cultural and historical importance.
Next visit Turtle Hatchery.
There are many sea turtle hatcheries along the western and southern coastal belt. Most of them are engaged in protecting endangered sea turtles. The sea turtle hatcheries collect the eggs that are been sold by the fisherman and hatch them. These hatchlings are released to the sea later.
MADU GANGA BOAT RIDE
A cruise on a modern motorboat is the best way to exploring the natural wealth of Madu Ganga, the islands in the wetland are largely inaccessible by road. The inhabitants are also using the boats and more often paddle boats as the means of transport. Seerendipity tours offer particularly appealing boat trips around Madu Ganga. This Ramsar Wetland is one of the most visited natural attractions of Sri Lanka’s west coast, with riverscapes to quiet thick grown islands and mangrove forests with sites of immense natural interest. There is plenty of opportunities to spot fascinating wildlife based on the aquatic environment, throughout the tour.
...............................End of Sri Lanka Tours................................
- Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing