Trace the famous Cultural Triangle of Sri Lanka on this rollicking 3-day tour of Colombo, Polonnaruwa, Sigiriya, Kandy, and Dambulla as well as part of Sri Lanka’s hill country. Explore the icons and discover local spots in the perfect introduction to the diverse cultural triangle of Sri Lanka.
- Trip Outline
Sri Lanka Cultural Triangle Mini Tour-3 Days Private Tour
Encounter ancient temples, untamed wilderness, beautiful botanical gardens, and picturesque hill country and memorable cultural shows.
Trace the famous Cultural Triangle of Sri Lanka on this rollicking 3-day tour of Colombo, Polonnaruwa, Sigiriya, Kandy, and Dambulla as well as part of Sri Lanka's hill country. Explore the icons and discover local spots in the perfect introduction to the diverse cultural triangle of Sri Lanka. Begin in throbbing Colombo and explore the cultural triangle by walk and drive. Travel to the ancient wonder of Sigiriya rock fortress, Polonnaruwa ancient city, Golden temple Dambulla, Tooth temple Kandy and many other UNESCO world heritage sites as well as the Minneriya national park of adjacent to the cultural triangle Sri Lanka that is teeming with elephants, buffaloes, bear, crocodile and many other wild creatures.
This 3-days tour offers the perfect introduction for first-time visitors to Sri Lanka. The trip includes round-trip private transport from Bandaranaike International Airport or your hotel in Colombo, Mount Lavinia, Negombo or any other beach resort on the west coast.
Start: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Finish: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Group size: Min 1 person
Nature of tour: Private
Why you'll love this trip
- The trip includes all sightseeing and transfers on private vehicles.
- The hassle-free trip includes all necessary components of the trip such as accommodation, meals, transportation, guiding, taxes and seerendipity takes care of all of it.
- Trekking through the tea garden / Ceylon tea trail.
- Experience the character of Sri Lanka's cultural triangle on a hop on hop off tour, weaving through the narrow alleyways and explore ancient temples, palaces, statues, parks, lakes and forts.
- See the Sigiriya rock fortress up close, which is a wonder of ancient engineers with the intricate ancient paintings that date back to the 5th century AD. The paintings illustrate the beautiful ladies, who lived in this sumptuous rock fortress with the king.
- Visiting Dambulla golden temple, which is one of the oldest cave Buddhist temples in the world that hides hundreds of ancient statues and paintings.
- Take a break from bustling cities in the hill country resort of Kandy, where you can catch your breath and spend the night in the faded opulence of your heritage stay.
- This trip is perfect for people who like to get the most on a 3 days trip to Sri Lanka, as long travel days are kept to a minimum on an itinerary that hits several icons of central Sri Lanka.
Is this trip right for you?
- This compact trip packs a lot in. It’s one of the most popular Sri Lanka trips we run in our original style, perfect for those with little time and a desire to do the most with it. If you are after a more leisurely trip or an adventure trip, please browse our tour itinerary page.
- In Sri Lanka, it can be extremely hot in the summer. While we organize our walking tours and city tours early in the morning or evening, when it’s cooler, remember to keep water on you and to bring a hat, sunscreen, a long-sleeved shirt, and anything else that will protect you from the sun.
- Part of travelling with Seerendipity means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. We visit a number of temples on this trip and to enter them you must have clothes that cover wrists and below the knee. Please click here to know more about the rules and regulations pertaining to Sri Lanka temple visits.
Places you visit on this trip
- Polonnaruwa ancient city (UNESCO world heritage site). Read more about Polonnaruwa.
- Sigiriya rock fortress (UNESCO world heritage site). Read more about Sigiriya rock fortress.
- Golden temple Dambulla (UNESCO world heritage site). Read more about Dambulla golden temple.
- Temple of sacred tooth relic temple (UNESCO world heritage site). Read more about Tooth relic temple.
- Minneriya national park (Safari).
- Royal botanical garden (1 hour 30 minutes walk in the garden). Read more about the botanical garden.
- Sri Lanka Tea plantations tour. Read more on the Sri Lanka tea plantation tour.
- Spice and herbal gardens and learn about dozens of spices and herbs grown in Sri Lanka.
- Pinnawala elephant orphanage. Read more on Elephant orphanage.
- Touring Sri Lanka's cultural triangle, find out the rich historical past of Sri Lanka.
- Kandy sightseeing tour and visiting downtown Kandy.
- Witness Kandyan cultural show to experience a typical Sri Lankan dancing and musical performance.
- Take a 360-degree panoramic view from the summit of the Sigiriya rock fortress.
- Walking through the Spice Garden while learning about herbal trees, plants and spices (this will be an easy walk that lasts about 1 hour).
- Walk in the Tea plantations and Royal Botanic Gardens of Peradeniya and many more (The walk in the botanical; garden lasts around 1 hour and you will cover about 2 km).
- Visiting a tea factory (Scottish) and see the entire process of tea manufacturing and taste a cup of unblended Ceylon tea.
- Wildlife safari of Minneriya national park in search of leopards, wild elephants, crocodiles, bear, jackal and other wild creatures with local guide and driver.
The trip can be booked in 3 categories of accommodation depending on your wish, as below.
- 4-Star standard hotels
- 2 nights (3 days) of accommodation in standard hotels
- Daily Breakfast at the hotel, 2 breakfasts (starting from day 2)
- Daily dinner at the hotel, 2 dinners (starting from day 1)
- Kandy city tour and shopping tour
- Ceylon tea trail
- An Ayurveda spa treatment
- Entrance fees for
- Sigiriya rock fortress, Sigiriya paintings, Sigiriya museum
- Pinnawala elephant orphanage
- Dambulla golden cave temple
- Polonnaruwa historical city and historical museum
- Tooth relic temple and Kandy museum
- Kandyan cultural show
- Peradeniya botanical garden
- Spice garden with a serving of herbal drink
- Tea factory and tea tasting
- All-inclusive Minneriya national park safari (with jeep hire)
- Pickup and drop-off at the airport or local hotels
- All passengers are fully insured during the sightseeing tours
- Meeting arrangement at the airport
- Entire ground transportation by air-conditioned, modern, fuel-efficient private vehicle
- Service of an English-speaking driver/guide for the entire tour (please inquire for other languages)
- Driver/guide meals and lodging
- Highway toll
- All current taxes
- The expenses of personal nature such as telephone, Internet
- Minneriya national park safari
You can take part in one of our regular charity works by dedicating a few hours of your day. We arrange charity activities such as distributing food, school items, medicine among the kids and poor people and everything is funded by our company. Please let us know in advance if you wish to attend one of those special occasions so that we can organize it near your hotel.
Book now & pay later
Reserve your tour now and pay later. Send us the duly filled tour booking form, we will arrange your tour and you can make the payment as you meet us on the first day of the trip.
Best price guaranteed
We guarantee the best price. If you find the same tour package at a cheaper price elsewhere, we do match the price of other tour packages and furthermore add a 10% discount to it.
No hidden fees and commissions
The price you see on this page is the exact same price that you see in the final stage of the trip booking. There are no hidden fees and taxes such as GST, BTT, service charge, nation-building tax, hotel tax etc.
- The trip can be booked with a single room for the entire trip with a single supplement (please inquire with your chosen category of the hotel)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats, available
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity.
- You can reach us 24 hours a day through our hotline 0094-77-4440977
COVID-19 special information
- We assist you to take a tourist visa to Sri Lanka, however, you have to apply online through https://www.eta.gov.lk/.
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- Social distancing is maintained in vehicles
- To reduce crowds, all tours are private
- Masks are required, please bring your own
- You must fill out a travel information form
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- You must book this activity online, as the ticket office is closed
Time : 7:00 am
COLOMBO / SIGIRIYA
You will be met and warmly greeted by your personal chauffeur guide at the Bandaranaike International Colombo Airport or your hotel in Colombo and drive to Sigiriya (Approx. 5 hours drive),
Stop At the Pinnawala elephant orphanage, Pinnawala elephant orphanage site between the towns of Kurunegala and Colombo, Sri Lanka .
After Pinnawala elephant orphanage, stop At Dambulla Cave Temple, and Visit the Cave temple of Dambulla (UNESCO world heritage site) after Pinnawala elephant orphanage.
In the afternoon safari at Minneriya national park (optional). Minneriya is a popular wildlife reserve that attracts a large number of travellers. Here you see a large number of animals such as elephant, deer, mungo, monkey, deer, crocodile, buffalo etc.
Spend Overnight in Sigiriya
Sigiriya village hotel or similar
Dinner included at hotel
Time : 8:00 am
SIGIRIYA / POLONNARUWA / SIGIRIYA
After leisurely breakfast leave for Polonnaruwa and Sigiriya.
Morning: Visit The Ancient City of Polonnaruwa (UNESCO world heritage site) with approx. 2 hours drive.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At the Ancient City of Sigiriya, Sigiriya Site between the towns of Dambulla and Habarane
Visit Sigiriya Sri Lanka Afternoon: climb the famous Sigiriya rock fortress and visit rocky abode and water gardens, a UNESCO world heritage and one of the Wonders of the World).
Overnight stay in Dambulla/Sigiriya
Sigiriya village hotel or similar
Breakfast and Dinner at hotel
Time : 7:00 am
DAMBULLA / KANDY / COLOMBO
After the breakfast leave for the Colombo via Kandy, En-route,
Stop At Dambulla Cave Temple, and Visit the Cave temple of Dambulla (UNESCO world heritage site), a batik factory and a spice garden where you can see the best spices in Sri Lanka, duration: 2 hours,
Afternoon: You will do the city tour of Kandy including a visit to the temple of the sacred tooth relic, and Peradeniya botanical garden.
Visiting Peradeniya botanical garden, which is the biggest and most popular botanical garden near Kandy and harbours more than 4000 species of trees, plants, orchids, vendah and many other flora species. Take a walk around the garden which lasts around 1 hour.
Stop At: Kandy Lake
You will also do an upper lake drive and visit the market square, gem lapidary and more.
After the city tour proceed to hotel in Colombo.
End of the tour
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing