- Trip Outline
Get the low-down on India’s lush neighbour
The remnants of a spiritual past await your discovery in Sri Lanka, from the ancient cliff-built complex of Lion Rock in Sigiriya to the ruins of the Sinhalese capital in Anuradhapura. Explore wonders of nature and humanity – often both at once – on this 6-day adventure through the cities, jungles and caves of Sri Lanka. Beginning in Colombo, travel through verdant countryside, past tea plantations, into the wildlife-filled Minneriya National Park and to the thriving capital of Colombo. An immersive and cultural Sri Lankan escapade awaits – the only thing left to choose is when to go.
Start: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Finish: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Ages: Min 15
Group size: Min 1
Nature of tour: Private
Why you’ll love this trip
- Travel through Kandy, and sample some of the acclaimed tea varieties that grow on the hillsides with your small group.
- Learn of the varied cuisine and local customs of different regions around Sri Lanka, highlighted by a rhythmic cultural dance performance in Kandy.
- See one of the world’s most revered relics at the Temple of the Tooth in Kandy, home to an earthly remain of the Lord Buddha, and discover the cave temple of Dambulla.
- Head on safari – Sri Lanka style! Look for elephants and leopards while you cruise the beautiful Minneriya National Park in a jeep with expert local guides at twilight.
- Watch candy-coloured tuk-tuks zip down the street in Colombo and while you’re checking out all the sights, have time to shop locally and ethically at small cottage industries.
Is this trip right for you?
- This is a busy trip, with lots of included and optional activities to make the most of your short time in the country.
- Though its equatorial position means fairly constant year-round temperatures, the summer months in Sri Lanka are very hot with short, sharp monsoons in the south-west of the country. Check the weather before you travel to make sure you are well prepared with sun protection and suitable clothing.
- If you have issues with heights, you may wish to sit out the climb of Lion Rock at Sigiriya as rough, narrow steps and tight walkways take you to the top.
- Kandy – Cultural performance
- Tea Factory Visit
- Kandy – Temple of the Tooth
- Dambulla – Cave Temples
- Kandy – Spice garden visit
- Sigiriya – Lion Rock
- Minneriya – Jeep Safari
- Anuradhapura – Bodhi Tree Temple
- Anuradhapura – Ancient site
- Anuradhapura Bike Tour – Bike Guide
- Colombo – Market Visit
- 5 nights accommodation in Standard hotels
- Daily breakfast at the hotel (starting from day 2)
- Colombo sightseeing tour
- Kandy city tour
- Transport in an air-conditioned car
- Service of English speaking national tour guide
- Discount voucher of 10% at a Jewelry shop (only in Colombo or Kandy)
- Discount voucher of 5% to shop at Silk Garden in Kandy
- Batik factory at Kandy
- Entrance fees for the following site.
- Kelaniya temple
- Bubpharam Temple
- Thuparama Dogoba
- Ruvanveli seya
- Moon Stone
- Meeting arrangements at the airport on arrival and departure.
- The above are nett and include all government taxes and Insurance
- Expenses of personal nature such as tipping, porters, laundry, telephones, etc
- Video and Camera permits
- Entrance fees to below sites and activities
- Kandy tooth relic temple
- Dambulla cave temple
- Safari at Minneriya national park
- Any meals not specified, throughout the tour
- Any other services not specified.
COVID-19 Special information
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- Social distancing is maintained in vehicles
- To reduce crowds, all tours are private
- Masks are required, please bring your own
- You must fill out a travel information form
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- You must book this activity online, as the ticket office is closed
No details found.
AIRPORT / ANURADHAPURA
Arrive at Bandaranaike International Airport, meet & greet by "Seerendipity Tours" Representatives and proceed to hotel in Anuradhapura.
Overnight stay at Hotel in Anuradhapura
Time : 8:00 am
ANURADHAPURA / SIGIRIYA
After the breakfast leave for the hotel in Sigiriya, en-route visit Anuradhapura historical city and Dambulla golden cave temple and Sigiriya rock fortress.
ANURADHAPURA ANCIENT CITY (3 hours)
Anuradhapura Sri Lanka is the most historical city on the island and it is the city with some of the most important historical attractions in the country. The history of this deep-rooted city of Sinhalese civilization is going back many years before the Christy. Therefore Anuradhapura is a part of almost in every Sri Lanka road trip and it is one of the most visited UNESCO world heritage sites and visiting Anuradhapura is an important activity and in the bucket list of most travellers.
GOLDEN CAVE TEMPLE DAMBULLA (2 Hours)
In the 1st century BC a king of Anuradhapura fled the city due to a South Indian invasion and took refuge in the caves of Dambulla. On recapturing Anuradhapura after 13 years, the king converted the caves into the monastery and gifted it to the Buddhist monks.
Overnight stay at Hotel in Sigiriya
Time : 8:00 am
SIGIRIYA / POLONNARUWA
Breakfast at hotel and leave for Sigiriya and Polonnaruwa sacred city, En-route visit the archeological museum,
A Prince of the 5th century who committed patricide made the rock of Sigiriya his hideout in order to stay away from his half-brother who sought vengeance. This prince Kasyappa by name, not only fortified his stronghold but also added to it artistic beauty. (declared as a world heritage site by UNESCO).
POLONNARUWA (3 hours)
Polonnaruwa is the second most historical city of Sri Lanka. It was made the capital of Sri Lanka after Anuradhapura. Ruins in Anuradhapura are much older than the ruins in Polonnaruwa, therefore the ruins in Polonnaruwa are in much better conditions than ruins in Anuradhapura.
MINNIERIYA SAFARI (optional)
This will include a Safari tour by jeep with a jungle tracker, where you can see animals in the Jungle, including elephants, Bears, Wild boar, Dear, Buffalo, Monkeys and many other animals if you are lucky, leopards too. Return to Habarana.
Overnight stay at Hotel in Sigiriya
Time : 8:00 am
SIGIRIYA / KANDY
Breakfast at hotel and leave for Kandy, en-route visit Matale aluvihara temple and spice garden, In the evening visit tooth relic temple (ceremony).
TEMPLE OF THE TOOTH (1 hour)
Sri Dalada Maligawa (Sinhala) or The Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic is a Buddhist temple in the city of Kandy, Sri Lanka. It is located in the royal palace complex which houses the Relic of the tooth of Buddha. Since ancient times, the relic has played an important role in local politics because it is believed that whoever holds the relic holds the governance of the country. Kandy was the last capital of the Sinhalese kings and is a world heritage site partly due to the temple.
THE CULTURAL DANCE SHOW (1 hour)
The Cultural Dance Show. Sri Lanka's culture is so closely connected to dance and drama and no function will be complete without displaying a dance or even a drama. As a multi-ethnic land Sri Lanka boasts of a rich conflux of dance and drama. The two main ethnic groups share two spectacular dance and drama traditions which enrich the fame Sri Lanka has gained in this sphere.
CITY & SHOPPING (optional)
The City Tour will include places of Tourist interest such as
Kandy lake, Historical church, Buddhist Hindu Temple, Batik factory
Silk garden, Hemachjandra jewellery, Bare foot and etc
Overnight stay at Hotel in Kandy
Time : 8:00 am
KANDY / COLOMBO
Breakfast at hotel and leave for the hotel in Colombo, En-route visit Peradeniya botanical garden, Kelaniya temple and Gangarama temple.
BOTANICAL GARDEN (1 hour)
The Botanical Garden of Peradeniya was a pleasure garden of a Kandyan King of the 16th Century and later made into a Botanical Garden during the British regime. This gardens; one of the best in Asia is a place of beauty and site for bird watchers.
Buddhists believe the temple to have been hallowed during the third and final visit of the Lord Buddha to Sri Lanka, eight years after gaining enlightenment. Its history would thus go back to before 500 BCE. The Mahawansa records that the original Stupa at Kelaniya enshrined a gem-studded throne on which the Buddha sat and preached. The temple flourished during the Kotte era but much of its land was confiscated during the Portuguese empire. Under the Dutch empire, however, there were new gifts of land and under the patronage of King Kirthi Sri Rajasingha, the temple was rebuilt. It was refurbished in the first half of the 20th century with the help of Helena Wijewardana.
Gangarama is located in the heart of Colombo and it is very easy to find for any visitor of the country. It is picturesquely located bordering Beira Lake, the largest lake in Colombo. Gangarama had been a small Buddhist construction in the 1800s. It was started by a disciple of popular scholar-monk Hikkaduwa Sri Sumangala Thera. The disciple who constructed the temple was called Sri Jinaratana Thera. If you have booked a Sri Lanka tour itinerary with Colombo sightseeing tour, then you will not miss this temple which ranks among the beautiful temples in Colombo in the heart of the city.
Overnight stay at Hotel in Colombo
COLOMBO / AIRPORT
Leave for Bandaranayke international airport after the breakfast en-route optional Colombo city tour.
Colombo city had been a well-known city in the region among the Arabian, Chinese, Indian, Persian, and Roman traders as early as the pre-Christian era. Sri Lanka is located in the East-West sea route and visited by traders in order to exchange their goods with the local traders. Even though Colombo was a well-known city among the ancient traders 2,000 years ago, the capital city of the country had been Anuradhapura. There was an Arabian settlement in the city of Colombo at the mouth of Kelani River. Arab traders were exporting the goods from the port of Colombo. Goods such as Cinnamon, ivory, gems, elephants were exported by the king of Kotte with the help of Arabs. With the beginning of the British colonial period, Colombo city received a prominent place as the capital of Ceylon. Colombo was the capital of the island from 1815 to 1978 until the administrative capital was moved to Sri Jayewardenepura Kotte.
This had been a well-known Racecourse during the British colonial period in the country. This racecourse which located bordering the Indian Ocean had to be abandoned later on due to the Sea crabs, which are making holes in the track. Afterwards, it was developed as a promenade for the city dwellers and named as Galle face green. Today Galle face green contains an open theatre, spacious open space for a picnic, sports and walking.
BUDDHIST TEMPLE GANGARAMA
It is considered to be one of the most sacred places in the country. Temple is one of the three places where Buddha visited in the 6th century B.C. well known Kelaniya dagoba is located within the border of the temple. Kalyani River, which flows next to the temple, adds more value for the scenic beauty of the temple. This temple holds a reputation for its attractive wall, which considered being the best painting of the modern Era.
Viharamahadevi is located in the Colombo 7 or Cinnamon gardens. It is the largest and most popular park in the city. It is believed that there had been a twenty square kilometre cinnamon plantation in the area. Today most of the palaces of wealthy people can be seen in the area and Colombo 7 is the most picturesque part of the city.
The Wolvendaal Church is located In Fort and walking distance from the centre of the city. It has a large collection of tombstones of important Dutch personalities. Fort is made in the highest point of the city and dates back to 1813. The church is built in the doric style of the period. In the form of Greek cross, with five feet thick walls and the gables raised over. The transepts are roofed with brick barrel arches and a centre dome.
AUKANA BUDDHA STATUE / INDEPENDENCE HALL / BMICH
Facing the Bandaranayke Memorial International Conference Hall stands a beautifully executed statue of the Buddha in the standing posture. The statue is 36 feet tall and is the largest Buddha statue in the city of Colombo. It is a replica of the Avukana Statue on the banks of the Kalawewa Anuradhapura.
CITY & SHOPPING
The City Tour will also include places of Tourist interest such as
Old parliament, Bandaranaike Memorial International, conference Hall, Buddhist Hindu Temple and Town Hall, Devatagaha mosque, Galle face green, Cinnamon garden, Beira lake
Odel, Ananda premadasa, Bare foot and etc
......End of Sri Lanka Tours.......
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing