This 2 days Sri Lanka tour includes 2 most popular hill country resorts of Sri Lanka, Kandy and Nuwara Eliya. On day 1 you will visit Pinnawala elephant orphanage, spice garden, tooth relic temple, Kandyan cultural show and royal botanical garden. On day 2 your will experience one of the most scenic train trips in the world…
- Trip Outline
Scenic mountains with Train Journey
Taking the train is a great way to get around, the train journeys are real cultural experiences and the most scenic routes will be highlights of your visit - in particular the wonderful journey from Kandy to Tea Country.
The train journey from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya, or the other way around, is considered to be one of the most beautiful train trips in the world. This train trip between Kandy and Nuwaraeliya lasts 4 hours, however, this is an approximate time and can be changed, the train takes you through stunning landscapes of green and lush tea plantations and mountain views. The train trip between Kandy and Nuwara Eliya is one of the most important highlights of this 2 days trip!
Places you visit on this trip
- The hill country capital of Kandy. Read more about Kandy.
- Temple of sacred tooth relic temple (UNESCO world heritage site). Read more about Tooth relic temple.
- Royal botanical garden (1 hour 30 minutes walk in the garden). Read more about the botanical garden.
- Sri Lanka Tea plantations tour. Read more on Sri Lanka tea plantation tour.
- Trek to the Ramboda waterfall and take a closer look into the mighty waterfall. Read more about Ramboda.
- Spice garden.
- Nuwara eliya. Learn more abour Nuwara Eliya.
- Pinnawala elephant orphanage.
- Sri Lanka hill country (lakes, waterfalls, green-capped mountains). Read more on Sri Lanka hill country.
- Take one of the most scenic train journeys in the world on a slow-moving blue train of Sri Lanka's hill country Rail track.
- Touring the most important Sri Lanka’s cultural triangle temple, the tooth relic temple.
- Kandy Sightseeing and shopping tour.
- Experience Sri Lanka’s historical and cultural heritage while visiting old monuments.
- Trek to the Ramboda plateau and have a closer look into the mighty Ramboda waterfall.
- Walking through the Spice Garden while learning about herbal trees and plants and spices.
- Walk in the Tea plantations and Royal Botanic Gardens of Peradeniya, Gregory lake, Vitoria park and many more.
- Explore the breathtaking Sri Lankan mountains.
- Visit the world’s first foster home for orphan elephants in the world, Pinnawla elephant park.
- 1-night accommodation in a tourist hotel (Oakray regency hotel-Kandy)
- Meal plan H/B basis (breakfast and dinner included at hotel)
- All Entrance fees and activity cost as per the tour itinerary
- Entire ground transportation in an air-conditioned, luxury, private vehicle
- Rail journey (with tickets, either on 2nd class or 3rd class) from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya
- Pickup and drop-off at the airport or hotel in Colombo
- All sightseeing tours as per the tour itinerary
- Service of an English-speaking chauffeur/guide for the entire tour (please inquire for other languages)
- Mineral water during sightseeing tours and overland trips
- Meeting arrangements at the airport on arrival and departure
- All current taxes
- Daily Breakfast at hotel (1)
- Daily Dinner at the hotel (1)
- Expenses of personal nature such as tipping, porters, laundry, telephones, etc.
- Video and Camera permits.
- Any meals not specified, throughout the tour
- Any other services not specified.
COVID-19 Special information
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- Social distancing is maintained in vehicles
- To reduce crowds, all tours are private
- Masks are required, please bring your own
- You must fill out a travel information form
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- You must book this activity online, as the ticket office is closed
Time : 6:15 am
Meet and greet by seerendipity tours representative and leave for Kandy, En-route visit,
PINNAWALA ELEPHANT ORPHANAGE
Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, the foster – home of elephants of different age and size feeding, bathing, playing together and even mating. These have been found injured or left abandoned in the wilderness. There are even little baby calves born in captivity.
A ruled in Kandy up to 1815 although the rest of the island was under the British regime. Finally, it was ceded to them by the Chieftains of Kandy who were disappointed over the king’s cruel deeds. Today Kandy is one of the most important cities owing to the presence of the Temple of the Sacred Tooth of the Buddha.
Visit Temple of Tooth Relic in Kandy enjoy a typical Sri Lankan Cultural Show of Drumming Dancing music and fire walking.
TEMPLE OF THE TOOTH
Sri Dalada Maligawa (Sinhala) or The Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic is a Buddhist temple in the city of Kandy, Sri Lanka. It is located in the royal palace complex which houses the Relic of the tooth of Buddha. Since ancient times, the relic has played an important role in local politics because it is believed that whoever holds the relic holds the governance of the country. Kandy was the last capital of the Sinhalese kings and is a world heritage site partly due to the temple.
Visit a spice garden at Mawanella where spices and herbs used for Sri Lankan cuisine and medication are grown Spices of Sri Lanka attracted the early seafaring merchants who made the long voyages to purchase this precious merchandise.
Royal Botanical Garden
Royal botanical garden of Kandy, the most popular botanical garden on Sri Lanka sits 500 meters above sea level and harbours thousands tr4ees, plants and creepers. You will walk through the pristine vegetation and visit spice gardens, flowering plants house, orchid house, bamboo alley and many interesting places.
Kandyan Cultural Show
The performance (1 hour) of a troup of dancers and muscicians to educate the gathering on typical Sri Lankan andceing and music performance.
Overnight stay in Kandy
Time : 7:00 am
Kandy - nuwara Eliya - Colombo
Breakfast at hotel and leave for Peradeniya railway station, where you board the upcountry train, Podimenike. The 2 hours train trip will be a memorable train trip as the blue train chugging on the steep mountain passing the valleys, waterfalls, streams, patches of forests, mountain peaks, tea gardens and vegetable plots.
After the Tran trip, you will proceed the rest of the trip with your car or van and you will then proceed to Colombo, En-route, Nuwara Eliya city tour, visits a tea factory, Sita temple, trek Ramboda falls.
SITA AMMAN KOVIL
Nuwara Eliya also is known as Little England for its cool climes, British architecture and natural beauty is also promoted as a sacred city because of its link to the “Rama Seetha” love story. Seetha Amman kovil is dedicated to Seetha, wife of Rama who is believed to be one of the avatars of Lord Vishnu. There are many temples dedicated to Rama and Hanuman, especially in North India, but the Seetha Amman Kovil in Sri Lanka is unique in that it is the only one in the world dedicated to Seetha alone. According to legend King Ravana who ruled the country from Badulla kidnapped Queen Seetha. Queen Seetha was married to King Rama of India. Finally, king Ravana went to India and brought the queen to Sita to Badulla.
As the largest city in the mountains, Nuwara Eliya plays an important role in Sri Lanka’s tourism industry. Undoubtedly Nuwara Eliya is the most popular health resort in the island and features a blend of colonial charm, modern development and slum areas, inherited from the colonial plantation culture. Nuwara Eliya was an important seat of British colonial administration. It was first developed as a holiday destination in Sri Lanka under the British administration, due to the cool, healing climate.
Visit a Tea Plantation and a Tea Factory en route. Sri Lanka is famous for its “Ceylon Tea” has added cheers to many the world over for more than a century.
SRI BHAKTHI HANUMAN TEMPLE
According to the ancient stories, Ramboda is an area, where the forces of Rama’s gather to fight against King Ravana. This temple was built by the Chinmaya mission of Sri Lanka and dedicated to Hanuman. This temple houses for 16 feel height statue of Hanuman.
- Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing