- Trip Outline
Sri Lanka Southern Tour With Whale Watching (Private Tour)
See the world’s largest mammal in its natural habitat as it rises up for air and wags its tail about. Yes, the whale watching trip with Galle will make your trip to the south coast of Sri Lanka all the more memorable.
This Sri Lanka southern tour includes 4 to 6-hour morning whale watching tour as well as Galle fort, Mask Museum, Madu river estuary and many other interesting places along the south coast beach.
On your journey to Mirissa explore the UNESCO world heritage site of Galle and take a self-guided walking tour through the labyrinthine of cobbled streets in the fort. Also visit maks museum, Madu river estuaries and Sea turtle conservation centre.
On day 2 after reaching the mirissa harbour hop aboard the 15-meter boat and meet your experienced skipper and the staff on board. Wear your life vests and you will be set to sail.
As we continue to sail the Indian Ocean, have a light continental breakfast served with your preference of tea or coffee. Once we reach whale frequented areas keep an eye out for whale species like the blue whale, humpback, sperm whales, etc. You can capture their graceful movements so don’t forget to bring a camera. You might even stand the chance to see dolphins, whale sharks and sea turtles.
You can enjoy a worry-free trip because the boat is fitted and equipped with all the safety equipment. Don’t pass up the chance to relax in the pleasant sea breeze as you admire the breathtaking seascapes and its gigantic and tiny creatures with the Galle whale watching tour.
Start: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Finish: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Ages: Min 15
Group size: Min 1
Nature of tour: Private
- 4- to 6-hour morning whale watching boat trip from Mirissa
- Sail onto the Indian Ocean to spot blue, pilot, sperm and other species of whales
- Watch for other wildlife such as dolphins, whale sharks and sea turtles
- Self Guided walking tour in the Galle Fort
- Visiting Mask museum
- Visiting Moonstone mines
- Accommodation in 3-star hotels (1 night)
- 1 Breakfast at the hotel
- Discount voucher of 10% at a Jewelry shop
- Discount voucher 5% to shop at the Spice garden
- Entrance fees for the following sites and activities
- Boat tour at river Madu
- Sea turtle conservation project
- Spice garden
- Moonstone mines
- Mask museum
- Galle fortress
- Whale watching in Mirissa
- Hikkaduwa beach
- Bentota sightseeing
- Meeting arrangements at the airport on arrival and departure
- Service of a national tour guide throughout the tour
- Entire ground transportation as per the tour itinerary in an air-conditioned vehicle
- All government taxes
- Expenses of personal nature such as tipping, porters, laundry, telephones, etc.
- Video and Camera permits.
- Any meals not specified, throughout the tour
- Any other services not specified
COVID-19 Special information
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- Social distancing is maintained in vehicles
- To reduce crowds, all tours are private
- Masks are required, please bring your own
- You must fill out a travel information form
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- You must book this activity online, as the ticket office is closed
Book now & pay later
Reserve your tour now and pay when you meet us. Send us the duly filled tour booking form, we will arrange your tour and you can make the payment as you meet us on the first day of the trip.
Best price guaranteed
We guarantee the best price. If you find the same tour package at a cheaper price elsewhere, we do match the price of other tour packages and furthermore add a further 10% discount to it.
No hidden fees and commissions
The price you see on the product pages is the exact same rate that you see in the final stage of the trip booking. There are no hidden fees and taxes such as GST, BTT, service charge, nation-building tax, hotel tax etc.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour
- All visitors to Buddhist and Hindu temples are expected to remove footwear and hats upon entering the temples.
- Dresscode, shoulders and knees should be covered
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Subject to favourable weather conditions
- If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No suitable for travellers with heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity.
Meet & greet by “Seerendipity Tours” Representatives and proceed to the hotel in Mirissa, En-route visits,
Bentota beach is the most popular beach holiday destination on the island. The unique location of Bentota beach resort is one important reason for its popularity as a beach holiday destination. Bentota resort is located on an island and the island is connected with the mainland at its southern border. Bentota is mainly comprised of the narrow strip of land that spreads along the north-south axis. Unlike most other islands, Bentota is surrounded by both the sea and a river. One side of the island is the Bentota River while the western side of Bentota is flanked by the Indian Ocean. Large numbers of hotels are built in this narrow strip of land enabling the travellers to have a peaceful atmosphere during the holiday. You can book a hotel in Bentota through Seerendipity Tours at very affordable rate online.
Projects have been launched to conserve the population of turtles that are reaching extinction and such projects are found along the southern coast of Sri Lanka where turtles come ashore to lay their eggs. The turtle digs a hole on the Beach, Lays her eggs and covers it with sand where it is supposed to, incubate by the heat of the sun. What often happens is, the eggs are dug out by fisherman and sold to people who consume them.
But now the eggs are bought up by the conservation projects and are hatched the Natural way in enclosed areas where the Birds don’t have a chance of picking them up and the babies are let into the sea after two days at night time which offers them a better chance of survival.
Visit a spice garden at Matale where spices and herbs used for Sri Lankan cuisine and medication are grown Spices of Sri Lanka attracted the early seafaring merchants who made the long voyages to purchase this precious merchandise.
The ancient port city of Galle has a history that stretches back hundreds of years. According to Sir James tenant, Galle was the “Tarshish” referred to in the Bible as the port where ships trading with King Solomon obtained gemstones, ivory, spices and scented woods. Most certainly the place where the Galle fort now stands, as well as other areas in Galle all had historic connections which go back long before the Portuguese era. International traders, Persians, moor traders from the Persian Gulf, south Indian trader, Malay and a host of other nationalities lived and traded in Galle.
STAR FORT MATARA
Star fort and the Dutch fortress are most prominent colonial construction in Matara. Both are located near the city centre and only ten minutes walk away. Star fort houses the archaeological museum with a collection of a large number of valuable artefacts. As the name suggests star fort takes a shape of a star and surrounded by a ditch and a huge wall.
Overnight stay in Matara
Time : 6:00 pm
MIRISSA / WHALE WATCHING / COLOMBO
Early morning leave for the whale watching tour off Mirissa.
Mirissa of southern Sri Lanka has become the hub of whale watching in southern Asia due to the large concentration Blue whales and sperm whales. The whale watching spotting is very frequent in the area and most importantly Mirissa is popular for blue whales.
Later departure transfer to Colombo
..........................End of the tour.................................
- Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing