On this 7-days Sri Lanka private trip you will be visiting ancient monuments in the cultural triangle, tea country, Spice and herbal garden, wildlife reserve, botanic gardens, Idyllic west coast beaches, plus enjoy a breathtaking view on the hill country rail journey from Peradeniya to Nanuoya, learn to cook a Sri Lanka meal and many more. Towards the end of the trip, you will have time to relax on the pristine beaches of Sri Lanka’s west coast.
Sri Lanka Splendor 7 Days Tour
Encounter ancient temples, untamed wilderness, panoramic tea country, and idyllic beaches on this laid-back adventure through Sri Lanka. Trace the famous Cultural Triangle of Sri Lanka on this rollicking 7-day tour of Colombo, Polonnaruwa, Sigiriya, Kandy, hill country, Yala, and the southern coast as well as pristine beaches of Sri Lanka's west coast. Explore the icons and discover local spots in the perfect introduction to the diverse cultural triangle of Sri Lanka. Begin in throbbing Colombo and explore the city by walk and drive. Travel to the ancient wonder of Sigiriya rock fortress, Polonnaruwa ancient city, Golden temple Dambulla, Tooth temple Kandy, and many other UNESCO world heritage sites as well as the Yala national park of southern Sri Lanka that is teeming with leopards, elephants, buffaloes, bear, crocodile, and many other wild creatures. Get a little respite from the bustle with a beach stay, head to the southern port city, and encounter the iconic Galle fort plus the city’s incredible colonial heritage.
This 7-days tour offers the perfect introduction for first-time visitors to Sri Lanka. Towards the end of the trip, you will be relaxing on the pristine beaches of Sri Lanka's west coast. The trip includes round-trip private transport from Bandaranaike International Airport or your hotel in Colombo, Mount Lavinia, Negombo, or any other beach resort on the west coast.
Start: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Finish: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Group size: Min 1 person
Nature of tour: Private
Why You'll Love This Trip
- Best price in the market compared to all similar packages offered by other tour operators.
- Clean, comfortable, and safe accommodation.
- The trip includes all sightseeing and transfers on private vehicles.
- The hassle-free trip includes all necessary components of the trip such as accommodation, meals, transportation, guiding, taxes and Seerendipity takes care of all of it.
- Trekking through picturesque Sri Lanka's hill country, the tea garden / Ceylon tea trail.
- Optional local cooking class and learn to cook a delicious Sri Lankan meal.
- Experience the character of Sri Lanka's cultural triangle on a hop-on hop-off tour, weaving through the narrow alleyways and exploring ancient temples, palaces, statues, parks, lakes, and forts.
- See the Sigiriya rock fortress up close, which is a wonder of ancient engineers with the intricate ancient paintings that date back to the 5th century AD. The paintings illustrate the beautiful ladies, who lived in this sumptuous rock fortress with the king.
- Visiting Dambulla golden temple, which is one of the oldest cave Buddhist temples in the world that hides hundreds of ancient statues and paintings.
- Tour spectacular Sri Lanka's hills country and enjoy the picture-perfect scenery of mountains, valleys, cascading waterfalls, lakes, laid-back villages, and tea gardens.
- Take a break from bustling cities in the hill country resort of Kandy, where you can catch your breath and spend the night in the faded opulence of your heritage stay.
- This trip is perfect for people who like to get the most on a 7 days trip to Sri Lanka, as long travel days are kept to a minimum on an itinerary that hits several icons of central Sri Lanka.
Is This Trip Right For You?
This compact trip packs a lot in. It’s one of the most popular Sri Lanka trips we run in our original style, perfect for those with little time and a desire to do the most with it. If you are after a more leisurely trip or an adventure trip, please browse our tour itinerary page.
In Sri Lanka, it can be extremely hot in the summer. While we organize our walking tours and city tours early in the morning or evening, when it’s cooler, remember to keep water on you and to bring a hat, sunscreen, a long-sleeved shirt, and anything else that will protect you from the sun.
Part of traveling with Seerendipity means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. We visit a number of temples on this trip and to enter them you must have clothes that cover wrists and below the knee. Please click here to know more about the rules and regulations pertaining to Sri Lanka temple visits.
Places You Visit On This Trip
- Polonnaruwa ancient city (UNESCO world heritage site). Read more about Polonnaruwa.
- Sigiriya rock fortress (UNESCO world heritage site). Read more about the Sigiriya rock fortress.
- Golden temple Dambulla (UNESCO world heritage site). Read more about Dambulla golden temple.
- Temple of sacred tooth relic temple (UNESCO world heritage site). Read more about Tooth relic temple.
- Yala national park (Safari). Read more about the Minneriya safari.
- West coast pristine beaches. Read more about Sri Lanka's west coast beaches.
- Royal botanical garden (1 hour 30 minutes walk in the garden). Read more about the botanical garden.
- Guided walking tour of Galle Fort to see ancient houses, churches, galleries (1 hour). Read more about Galle Fort.
- Sri Lanka Tea plantations tour. Read more on the Sri Lanka tea plantation tour.
- Spice and herbal gardens and learn about dozens of spices and herbs grown in Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka hill country (lakes, waterfalls, green-capped mountains). Read more on Sri Lanka hill country.
- Madu River estuary (Ramsar wetland) and explore the mangrove lagoon. Read more about the Madu River boat safari.
- Pinnawala elephant orphanage. Read more on Elephant orphanage.
- Standard 5-star hotels
- Amaya lake resort or similar (2 nights)
- Grand Kandyan hotel (1 night)
- Araliya green city hotel Nuwara Eliya (1 night)
- Cinnamon wild resort Yala (1 night)
- Cinnamon bey Bentota (1 night)
- 6 nights (7 days) of accommodation in standard 3-star hotels
- Daily Breakfast at the hotel, 6 breakfasts (starting from day 2)
- Daily dinner at the hotel, 6 dinners (starting from day 1)
- Kandy city tour and shopping tour
- Guided Nuwara Eliya city tour
- Ceylon tea trail
- A visit to Gregory Lake
- Guided Colombo city tour
- Guided Walking tour at Galle Fort
- Guided walking tour Nuwara Eliya
- Guided trek to the Ramboda falls
- Charges for activities mentioned below
- Pinnawala elephant orphanage
- Spice garden
- Kandyan cultural show
- Gem museum
- Tea factory/Plantation
- Train tickets
- Pickup and drop-off at the airport or local hotels
- All passengers are fully insured during the sightseeing tours
- Meeting arrangement at the airport
- Entire ground transportation by air-conditioned, modern, fuel-efficient private vehicle
- Service of an English-speaking driver/guide for the entire tour (please inquire for other languages)
- All current taxes
- The expenses of personal nature such as telephone, Internet
- Entrance fees for the below sites and activities
- Wildlife Safari
- Village tour
- Polonnaruwa ancient city
- Sigiriya rock fortress
- Dambulla golden temple
- Tooth relic temple
- Madu river boat trip, mangrove lagoon
You can take part in one of our regular charity works by dedicating a few hours of your day. We arrange charity activities such as distributing food, school items, medicine among the kids and poor people and everything is funded by our company. Please let us know in advance if you wish to attend one of those special occasions so that we can organize it near your hotel.
Book Now & Pay Later
Reserve your tour now and pay later. Send us the duly filled tour booking form, we will arrange your tour and you can make the payment as you meet us on the first day of the trip.
Best Price Guaranteed
We guarantee the best price. If you find the same tour package at a cheaper price elsewhere, we do match the price of other tour packages and furthermore add a 10% discount to it.
No Hidden Fees and Commissions
The price you see on this page is the exact same price that you see in the final stage of the trip booking. There are no hidden fees and taxes such as GST, BTT, service charge, nation-building tax, hotel tax, etc.
- The trip can be booked with a single room for the entire trip with a single supplement (please inquire with your chosen category of the hotel)
Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats, available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity
- You can reach us 24 hours a day through our hotline 0094-77-4440977
COVID-19 Special Information
- We assist you to take a tourist visa to Sri Lanka, however, you have to apply online through https://www.eta.gov.lk/
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- Social distancing is maintained in vehicles
- To reduce crowds, all tours are private
- You should wear the masks and we provide Masks
- You must fill out a travel information form
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- You must book this activity online, as the ticket office is closed
- For Covid-19 related information www.srilanka.travel/helloagaina/