Whale Watching Cruise with 100% Guaranteed Whale Sighting from Colombo- Sri Lanka has become one of the whales watching hotspots in the world. The sea off southern Sri Lanka is whale watching hotspot and attracts thousands of travellers every day. This whale watching tour also includes many other activities such as visiting mask museum, walking tour of Galle fort, visiting spice garden and exploring sea turtle conservation centre.
- Trip Outline
Whale Watching Tour Colombo
Go in search of whales on this southern Sri Lanka whale-watching cruise from all hotels on the west coast and Colombo. You will be picked up early morning from the hotel and drive to Mirissa. With the life vest, board the 50-foot (15-meter) luxury whale watching cruise and venture onto the Indian ocean in search of Blue whales, with an expert skipper and crew.
Savor a continental breakfast and tea or coffee as you sail to areas frequented by whales. Watch for species such as blue, sperm, killer, humpback and pilot whales in the waters, snap once-in-a-lifetime photos and look out for other marine creatures, including dolphins and sea turtles.
After the whale watching cruise (2-4 hours), start your return journey to the hotel. Stop at Unawatuna beach, Sea turtle conservation centre, spice garden, Hikkaduwa beach, and Bentota beach as you make the return journey to your hotel.
Explore the iconic tourist attraction on the south coast, the Galle Fort, which is a UNESCO world heritage site. You will be doing a guided walking tour with your driver/guide along the labyrinthine of cobbled streets. The medieval city built by the East Indian company hides thousands of buildings with old Dutch architecture. Visit Many hundred years old churches including the Wolvendaal church, moats, temples and colonial palaces. Jump onto the moat and enjoy the breathtaking view over the wide-open Indian Ocean.
After the Dutch Fort stop at Hikkaduwa beach and Bentota beach to enjoy the mesmerizing beaches. Afterwards, make a stop at the Ariyapala Mask museum of Ambalangoda. This is the only museum on the island dedicated to traditional masks. Here you can see many hundreds of masks, many of them are originated a long time ago.
If the time permits you will be visiting a sea turtle conservation center on the west coast and learn about the endangered sea turtles.
- 100% safe super grade luxury passenger cruiser.
- Licensed by the Government of Sri Lanka.
- You will get one of the most comfortable whale watching cruiser in Mirissa.
- The spacious upper deck, allowing everyone on the upper deck for a wider and deeper view.
- Specially designed for whale watching adventure trips WITH SPACE around for observation. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
- Morning Tea/Coffee| Breakfast | Bottled water | Fruits & Snacks- all these free onboard.
- We follow international whale watching guidelines & best practices issued by the Whales & Dolphin Conservation in the UK.
- Two licensed captains | six lifeguards with international licenses | one naturalist on board for live commentary.
- Whale sighting rate is 99.9%.
- If you don't see Whales, You can have the tour next day free.
- Your pick up time to be informed by Phone or on WhatsApp or by email soon after your booking is made.
Activities available on this trip
- Sail onto the Indian Ocean to spot blue, pilot, sperm and other species of whales.
- Watch for other wildlife such as dolphins, whale sharks and sea turtles.
- Enjoy a light breakfast and morning tea or coffee as you sail.
- Life vests and safety equipment fitted onboard.
- See a collection of hundreds of ancient masks and learn the mask carving.
- Visit moonstone mines.
- Sea turtle conservation centre.
- Walking tour in the Galle Fort (UNESCO world heritage site).
- Family-friendly cruise with hotel pickup and drop-off included.
- Hotel pick-up from Colombo, Kalutra or Bentota.
- All-inclusive whale watching boat tour (entrance fee, boat trip charges, breakfast)
- Entire ground Transportation as per the tour itinerary in an air-conditioned, luxury, private vehicle.
- English speaking driver/guide (please inquire for other languages).
- All entrance fees and activity cost.
- Guided walking tour of Galle fortress.
- Hikkaduwa beach.
- Highway toll.
- All government taxes, insurance fee.
Book now & pay later
Reserve your tour now and pay when you meet us. Send us the duly filled tour booking form, we will arrange your tour and you can make the payment as you meet us on the first day of the trip.
Best price guaranteed
We guarantee the best price. If you find the same tour package at a cheaper price elsewhere, we do match the price of other tour packages and furthermore add a further 10% discount to it.
No hidden fees and commissions
The price you see on the product pages is the exact same rate that you see in the final stage of the trip booking. There are no hidden fees and taxes such as GST, BTT, service charge, nation-building tax, hotel tax etc.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
- Pickup and drop-off from more than 140+ hotels on the west coast.
- Luxury, modern, private vehicle for transport.
- Service of a well experienced and knowledgeable tour guide.
COVID-19 Special information
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned
- Social distancing is maintained in vehicles
- To reduce crowds, all tours are private
- Masks are required, please bring your own
- You must fill out a travel information form
- Temperature checks are mandatory
- You must book this activity online, as the ticket office is closed
Time : 4:00 am
COLOMBO / MIRISSA
Meet and greet by seerendipity tour representative at your hotel (04.30 am) and drive to Mirissa harbour.
Board the whale watching boat at 0630 am and set to the sea, the whale watching trip lasts between 3 to 5 hours return transfer.
WHALE WATCHING MIRISSA
The warm Indian Ocean of southern Sri Lanka is the best place to spot a wide variety of whales & dolphins. There are 26 different species of whales and dolphins traversing this region such as Blue whales, Bryde´s whales, Sperm whales, Fin whales, sometimes Killer whales and also includes the well-loved common dolphins, Bottlenose dolphins, Spinner dolphins, Risso’s dolphins and striped dolphins.
The south tip of Sri Lanka is the easiest place to see blue whales in a very short time. And especially Mirissa & Weligama areas are the well-known spotting places of the blue whales in the entire world. Sperm whales, right whales, killer whales, whale sharks, turtles, and kinds of dolphins also spotted in this part of the island all around the year.
After whale watching trip return to hotel, en-route visits,
TURTLE CONSERVATION CENTER
Projects have been launched to conserve the population of turtles that are reaching extinction and such projects are found along the southern coast of Sri Lanka where turtles come ashore to lay their eggs. The turtle digs a hole on the Beach, Lays hers eggs and covers it with sand where it is supposed to, incubate by the heat of the sun. What often happens is, the eggs are dug out by fisherman and sold to people who consume them.
But now the eggs are bought up by the conservation projects and are hatched the Natural way in enclosed areas where the Birds don’t have a chance of picking them up and the babies are let into the sea after two days at night time which offers them a better chance of survival.
Visit a spice garden at Matale where spices and herbs used for Sri Lankan cuisine and medication are grown Spices of Sri Lanka attracted the early seafaring merchants who made the long voyages to purchase this precious merchandise.
CITY OF GALLE
Galle is one of the ancient seaports of Sri Lanka and was an anchor point in the Silk Route. It was later discovered by the Portuguese where they built a fortress and the Dutch that succeeded them fortified it further. This fortress is today a World Heritage Site.
The fort has a colourful history, and today has a multi-ethnic and multi-religious population. The Sri Lankan government and many Dutch people who still own some of the properties inside the fort are looking at making this one of the modern wonders of the world. The heritage value of the fort has been recognized by the UNESCO and the site has been inscribed as a cultural heritage UNESCO World Heritage Site under criteria iv, for its unique exposition of "an urban ensemble which illustrates the interaction of European architecture and South Asian traditions from the 16th to the 19th centuries.
The Galle Fort, also known as the Dutch Fort or the "Ramparts of Galle", withstood the Boxing Day tsunami which damaged part of coastal area Galle town. It has been since restored. The Galle Fort also houses the elite Amangalla resort hotel, located near the Dutch Reformed Church. It was originally built in 1684 to house the Dutch Governor and his staff. It was then converted into a hotel and named then as the New Oriental Hotel in 1865, which catered to the European passengers travelling between Europe and Galle Port in the 19th century.
Unawatuna Beach is located just south of Galle, the main city in the south and 125km from Colombo, the capital of Sri Lanka. This 4km expanse of palm-fringed sand is said by some to rank amongst the twelve best beaches in the world. This beach is a paradise for all those who yearn to enjoy the silence of the sea and dive deep into the blue waters of the ocean. There is a reef protecting the beach, which makes it perfectly a safe haven for bathing. Other major attractions of this southern beach include shallow waters for swimming and diving. Within its reach, there is an accessible, reasonably well-preserved coral reef that serves as the base for snorkelling.
Hikkaduwa is one of the most popular tourist destinations in southern Sri Lanka. It is 98 km south of Colombo and its beautiful beaches a lot of glamour to this town. It is the place where you can have a glimpse of the fascinating underwater world and see the creatures that inhabit the unfathomable depths of the sea. The famed coral gardens are located here. Just get hold of a glass-bottomed boat or goggles and flippers and plunge into the ocean.
................End of whale watching trip.................
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing